• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with best ships!

By the way, the Dog of War isn't the fastest ship in the game :D

If you buy a stock corvette from a shipyard that has a max speed of 17.8x and upgrade it in Bermuda, you get a max speed of 21.xx !!

"..Nigh uncatchable" as Jack Sparrow would put it.

Of course, I have the CoAS CTD bug, so I didn't get the chance to see if the Dog of War can be upgraded in Bermuda, but wouldn't that be awesome?

lol wrong my friend :will the Dog Of War can be upgraded in Bermuda! With that in mind, speed up to 34. something (actually not sure, have to check but speed is not under 24. something definitely) and manuverbility 82. something....... if you have full crew and not full cargo!

My upgraded Dog of War does 25.65 max and manu is 74.1
A massive 40 gun wooden ship with copper plating at the bottom going as fast/faster then the wind speed is somewhat scary XD

Btw i have having problem finishing my Bluebird quest. If i get the meaning of the guest guide right, do i have to sink/capture mechant ships from random quest [easy picking]-(thou heavy gallean + 32Ib warship isn't easy picking with 1 Bluebird). Does it have to be at the port where i got the bluebird quest or any port will do?
Or is it a roumor that will update my bluebird quest log? (the last log on bluebird atm is the 1 i got after the trader refuse to pay me and i need to find out about the merchant's own ship leaving)
One more thing? Do i have to have Bluebird in fleet, only sailing Bluebird or doesn't matter what fleet i got. (since i am only going round in my bluebird atm, seawolf, dogs of war, Cinco Liagas and random 32Ib corvette r in docks atm)

A massive 40 gun wooden ship with copper plating at the bottom going as fast/faster then the wind speed is somewhat scary XD

Btw i have having problem finishing my Bluebird quest. If i get the meaning of the guest guide right, do i have to sink/capture mechant ships from random quest [easy picking]-(thou heavy gallean + 32Ib warship isn't easy picking with 1 Bluebird). Does it have to be at the port where i got the bluebird quest or any port will do?
Or is it a roumor that will update my bluebird quest log? (the last log on bluebird atm is the 1 i got after the trader refuse to pay me and i need to find out about the merchant's own ship leaving)
One more thing? Do i have to have Bluebird in fleet, only sailing Bluebird or doesn't matter what fleet i got. (since i am only going round in my bluebird atm, seawolf, dogs of war, Cinco Liagas and random 32Ib corvette r in docks atm)

Possible endings of the quest:

1.You sink the Bluebird, return to store owner that gave you the quest and collect 50000.

2.You board the Bluebird, keep it, and than before talking to store owner leave it at Port Control. You'll collect 50000 and keep the ship, as store owner thinks you sunk it.

3. You keep the ship, and return to store owner with it. He tells you that deal was that you sink it, and since he doesn't trust you because he thinks that you will use it as pirate vessel, so he doesn't pay you anything - and quest remains active. After that you'll have to go around the churches and ask the people "what new" and etc. If you're lucky, they will tell you about a merchant ship near the port. You have to sink it or board it - it doesn't matter. You can do that as many times as you wish. After you get bored, go to the shop owner and ask him about your money. At the end of your conversation you'll have 200 000 more and the quest is finished.

In 3 your Bluebird Quest log will update with the merchant ships you need to sink - rumors can be in any town - you need to sink about 5 or 6 ships before going back to the storekeeper - if you don't sink enough ships he will just call the soldiers to attack you.

Thx, so only bother going back out to sea to kill when i get the roumor that update my bluebird quest log then. =)
Is it ok to not have the bluebird or have more then just bluebird in the fleet? Since the store keeper is afride if u might use the bluebird to plunder merchants.

Is it ok to not have the bluebird or have more then just bluebird in the fleet? Since the store keeper is afride if u might use the bluebird to plunder merchants.

:shrug

Don't know -- I have not tried that -- always just sailed the Bluebird

Give the Blue Bird to a companion or officer who is loyal and put the ship in dry dock at the ship controllers office, then tell the store owner about the Blue Bird and you should be given the money and quest is complete. If you don't get the money go and plunder 5 ships i think it is or is that 5 fleets. :shrug Anyway you shopuld be updated when you've done enough, i've never done it that way i alway's put the ship in storage and then finish the quest by speaking to the store owner.

Yeah it says so when the ship is upgraded but if you don't have the cargo hold full and your crew on max you get more speed and manu goes to 84.something. I use this ship all the time! It's the best!

Yeah it says so when the ship is upgraded but if you don't have the cargo hold full and your crew on max you get more speed and manu goes to 84.something. I use this ship all the time! It's the best!

Overpowered to a degree! doing 18.6 knots with 13.4 knots wind speed, with a 40 gun ship that is.......it is pretty much a frigate on crack

Thou i am not short on money atm, but 200k is better then 50k as a reward for the bluebird quest. I get the roumor of random mechant and they pop up on [easy picking], but still non on the bluebird quest log =(

Allright, I finally got the Dog of War and the Bermuda shipyard made it go 24.98 (it always goes above because of my navigation skill :D)

I personally prefer to only sail around only with it, since AI captains tend to lose and destroy my ships. I have my other fast corvette stored safely with Port Control, just in case I hit really hard times and lose the DoW.

So generally I find a convoy, no matter how large, board the fattest target, and run away with all I can carry. There's not a ship around that can keep up with any of my corvettes even with their sails at 50%

Took on a battleship 1v1 with the upgraded Dog of war, that manuvaability really is deadly while have as much hp and cannon as a frigate.

Back