• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with reinitilizing or resetting merchants

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
In testing out making some changes to items_utilite.c pricing modifiers, I discovered that any changes I made would only apply to stores and stalls I had not yet visited in the current campaign (previously visited stores would retain the old pricing modifiers, even half a year later in tests).

Normal f11 reinitialization did not work to get them to adopt the new pricing structure.

Is there any console command or other method of resetting or reinitilizing a particular merchant character? I only have a couple of stores and stalls that I need to reset, and I have their names. Just not sure how to do it. :)

There is some sort of "give items to trader" function that you should be able to use for that.

It seems that they delete their items and give new ones automatically every 30 days if inactive, but the price modifier doesn't seem to get reset, so I think I need to do that directly.

I think what I need is something like:
"John Filbert".itemtrade.price = 1.05, but that doesn't work...so I'm clearly doing something wrong. :)
I also tried Stores[GREENFORD_STORE].owner.itemtrade.price = 1.05

Can anyone offer a modification of how to do something like that? Still trying to figure out how the console works...

The console simply executes whatever code you put in there.
Could be anything.

You do need to get the syntax right though.
I'm not sure of the correct syntax for what you want to do and won't be able to look it up until tonight.

Your first line, for it to work, needs to refer to the Characters[] array.
Search for "Characters[" in one of the quests files to find the correct syntax.

Back