• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Yet another...Austin quest topic

kwiz

Landlubber
I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to posting on the main tips forum, but I am literally at my wits' end with this quest. I'm rank 6 and I *really* want the sword at the end of this questline.

I have identified the two individual that tell you to meet them at midnight in the dungeon, in Antigua and Fort de France. They've both talked to me (I stayed next to them until they sloylw took a look at my character and told themselves they found another idiot), and for both of them I have yet to succeed in generating the actual encounter.

There is no note passed in my log after talking to them.

If I go in the dungeon before midnight, they're not there. They're not there at precisely midnight, 5 to midnight, 10 to midnight, 5 after midnight or after that. I've tried everything from standing still next to the entrance and speeding up the game (5 minutes worth of wait) next to the dungeon entrance(into which I've seen them disappear), I've waited in the bar, drinking, playing with the girls in the brothel, losing money at cards and of course, just taking a lap around the island with my ship to pass the time. In all of these occasions I was unable to meed the guy in the dungeon.

I am so frustrated with this. I need one of the two encounters, badly. The other ones are in spanish and dutch ports, which I cannot easily access (Peter Blood) and I'd just give anything to get my hands on that sword and on this misterious quest which keeps eluding me badly. I play GoF 1.1, and everything else looks very nice, the ships are lovely but my desire for a haudegen(if that was its name) is unfulfilled.

Help! Please!

Am I supposed to get a log entry in my journal? Are they supposed to be at the entrance of the dungeon?(doesn't help that the dungeons themselves are labyrinthic in nature). How am I supposed to know if I messed up somewhere (or if the game messed up on me) so I know when to reload?

As soon as you speak to them, follow them imediately. Then search for them in the Grottos/Dungons, they will not be by the entrance. The one in Saint John is in a wall break, which is the basment to Morgan's house. Pass by the barrels he is by the table. I always spoke to guy in Fort De France and never fought him. They are in there even if you speak to them at 9am for they go there right away after convo.

P.S.
There is no log update till the end, so keep track of who and where you kill.

Thank you for your assistance. I managed to kill the first two guys, talk the killer in Martinica and killed the fourth guy in Cartagena. I'm in Panama now, just talked to the fifth chap and for the love of God I cannot maneuver through those paths to get to the right cave. So far I've only managed to find just *one* cave, the grotto that look like an abandone mine shaft.

Does anyone remember in which cave the guy from Panama went? And please tell me it wasnt the mine, that thing is literally labyrinth.

Once again, big thanks, one reload and it all came together.

Thank you for your assistance. I managed to kill the first two guys, talk the killer in Martinica and killed the fourth guy in Cartagena. I'm in Panama now, just talked to the fifth chap and for the love of God I cannot maneuver through those paths to get to the right cave. So far I've only managed to find just *one* cave, the grotto that look like an abandone mine shaft.

Does anyone remember in which cave the guy from Panama went? And please tell me it wasnt the mine, that thing is literally labyrinth.

Once again, big thanks, one reload and it all came together.

Sorry but :-

The Panama guy is in the abandoned mine shaft. cave :yes

:cheeky

Thank you, I'll make sure to look for him in there. Any particular details regarding his location? Like I said, I found the mineshaft but after wandering within it for some time...

Allright, seems it's time to take out the old paper and pencil and start drawing maps of that place. Still, I am very pleased for finally managing to start this ...erm...quest. The fact that the designers failed to make it show in the log makes me wonder why is it that everyone thinks it's good for beginner? I'm level 7 now and have yet to find a double-barreled pistol...or a Falchion.

Apologies for double posting this issue, both on the forum itself and in the tips thread. Luckily, I have a very good idea where Austin himself can be found, years ago I've loitered quite a while through the pearl diver's village,doing the spanish quirass quest.

Allright, seems it's time to take out the old paper and pencil and start drawing maps of that place. Still, I am very pleased for finally managing to start this ...erm...quest. The fact that the designers failed to make it show in the log makes me wonder why is it that everyone thinks it's good for beginner? I'm level 7 now and have yet to find a double-barreled pistol...or a Falchion.

It is the old 90s school of thinking. Just yesteardy I was reading some reviews on russian games and apparently that is the russian way.

Moves which produce a "game over" without any prior clue; quests wich are cancelled without any advise due to the player doing (or not doing) this or that, or not doing this or that in a frame time never explicited; "take now or leave for ever" quest offers; fights the player can't win... you get the idea.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Just like the future ex-girlfriend. She's driving you nuts, but you still wouldn't leave her.

That and the fact that no good single-player sail ship simulator has been done since COAS. Or should I say pirate simulator?

Edit: managed to get the guy, a harder fight than i expected, had to reload a couple of times.

Edit 2: it took about 10 reloads but I finally got the bastard. He dropped a katana and boy does this blade kick ass, killing the scheletons in the cave was a breeze. He also dropped more than 100k in cash, not to mention all the stuff his guys had. Pretty neat for level 8,and that spyglass sure comes handy.

This money has given me the necesary funds to take the Arabela out of the port. I'll store the Blue bird for now and take the spanish piece of love for a spin, with 52 36lb cannons i can finally rain some terror. Thanks Austin!...you cheating SOB.

Just like the future ex-girlfriend. She's driving you nuts, but you still wouldn't leave her.

Very good one! :onya

Actually, I have plans to mod nearly everything in COAS, quest system included, that is why I keep attached to. With good quests, better interfaces and care for some other little details the game can rock.

There are no warrants, though: if at some point I feel myself bored I'll take my leave to greener fields.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Thank you for your dedication Buho! As you can see, there are plenty of us who appreciate your hard work.

Back