• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

help

capt cookie

only pops in now and then.
ok im on redmond isle i cnt get off because when i try to get on my ship it goes to the loading screen then ctds. i have gotten off before but it wont let me anymore :yes

my system is radeon 7500 mobile
dell inspiron 5100
p4 2.40 ghz
256ram
win xp

Ahoy, Capt Cookie!

When standing on the dock, hit the "T" button. Then try to board.

If that does not help, try it again, only use the "I" button. (don't use the "I" button if you can help it, it resets everything in the game)

quote : (don't use the "I" button if you can help it, it resets everything in the game) /quote

I do NOT know why you say is has a meaning, and we should NOT hit "I" to often ........

For me it helped in last build to keep the game running without CTD's
and after using the "I" at this build, I have not had thos "bugs" as for the first day .........

My comp Is still an OLD SLOW ONE, p3/600,256ddr,64GF4

Its resetting everythings in the game, but it also "cleans" up the actual gamefile and the save file (when reloading), that works for me....

:cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-jack_sparrow_jr`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jack_sparrow_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I do NOT know why you say is has a meaning, and we should NOT hit "I" to often ........[/quote]

Well, for the game to truly be "correct" in the way it was intended to run with all the towns with their population and money and sale goods regulated, you shouldn't reinitialize because the game is made to simulate a real economy - if you reinitialize, it sets things back to the beginning again...

Cat's got the right of it, but...actually, I was a sneaky beggar and disabled some of that. xD: :huh
Reiniting still messes up the dynamic towns mod, but all it does is force a daily update right then. So if you hit reinit seven times, it's like a week's gone by as far as town stats.

It does _not_ reset stuff to the beginning (I commented that part out).

However, if you _do_ need to reset stuff to the beginning, you can just uncomment it and run POTC and reinit.

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Cat's got the right of it, but...actually, I was a sneaky beggar and disabled some of that.[/quote] :huh Can't keep up with ya, Nathan! xD: :cheers

In my humble opinion:
Zilch.
Unless you have:
Upgraded to a new build version or patch
Changed items, ships, or goods yourself.

Oh, and it runs the daily update for towns. Which is a kinda cheat (as it adds goods to the store and hireable crew to the tavern).

It's pressing _T_ that does the fixing. :?

Though, it can't _hurt_ (other than the above kinda cheat), so if you feel doing it helps, I'll not tell you not to. :D

Back