• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Henry King And The Treasure Of El Draque

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Greets again swashbucklers I was bored so I decided to come up with another pirate story- here it goes-

Henry King And The Treasure Of El Draque

Well here it goes-

Boom!, came from the cannon from the two ships. Francis Drake boarded the Neustra De La Concepcion- nicknamed Cacafuego which litearally meant "Shitfire" Drake took the wealth in gold, and precious goods into his own galleon the Golden Hind. But soon Drake nicknamed El Draque- ( PAUSE FROM STORY: Be aware what I'm about say is NOT TRUE- most of this never happend..Well some did...ugh read a history book will ya. Or A pirate book, somethin' I'm done explaining.) Francis was afraid his crew would mutiny and take the spoils so he and his trusty first mate went ashore near Hidden Island and buried the greatest part of the loot- 100 gold bars, 56 bales of silk, 30 pounds of iron, 30 chests of silver coins, and 2 boxes of emeralds and rubies and most importanly 5 tons in rum. Francis kept everything else- cotton, cacao beans, 10,000 pounds and other goods and set sail.
Centuries later Henry King was in Bristol drinking at Rheim's Liqourhouse

The Rum Misfit
It was Rheim's daughter Sarah's 7 th birthday- and Rheim invited his family and Ned's family and Henry to join in celebrating. Rheim didnt let anybody bring any rum, whiskey, etc. to the party- he only allowed a small cup for each filled with a very small amount of wine, even it was watered down. After "drinking" Sarah got gifts- Ned fashioned a wooden doll for her and Emily his wife made the clothes for the doll out of sailcloth- turns out before Ned was a jailkeep was a pretty good carpenter. After this Henry gave his gift- an odd book- of course navigation.

After the "partying" Ned and Henry stayed after while evrybody left " Alright fun over give me some real liqour" said Henry in a serious voice, " Sorry mate I'm out of the Jamaican rum" said Rheim " OUT OF JAMAICAN RUM???!!" yelled Ned and Henry when Rheim sadly nodded his head- they both screamed " NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!, WHY?? WHY???" " The ship that usually delivers my rum as been pressed into the navy and there aint anybody else willing to cross the bahamas, archipelego to Bristol to deliver rum" said Rheim. "Don't those fancy wigg wearin' Jamaicans care about us? "About our rum wantin' needs?" asked Ned. " The've got to deal with lack of weapons and ships and to deal with pyrates- yep I'm sure they care about us" said Rheim in a sarcastic voice.

"How rude" said Ned. And they both left. A few weeks later Henry heard of a treasure. "I tells ya sir thar be ther map to Drake's hidden booty" said a drunk sailor. Henry looked everywhere for the map- finnally he got it. It was a old parchment with islands marked " Where The Greatest Spoils Of The Cacafuego Are Hidden" And a large X on one of the islands. Henry gathered up Old Jack the gunner, Quartermaster Andrew, and Ned and 5 others onboard the Kingston II a large 100 ton sloop armed with 8 guns favored by Jack and Jack's favorite Bronze swivels. They set sail on June 3rd hoping to return before November.

The Journey To Treasure

The journey was harsh- they almost starved to death in the Bahamas, they encountered many storms and had to take a week off to make repairs to the Kingston II when her jib boom snapped. They continued sailing but when they reached Cuba they spoted an odd flag- a Pyrate Flag! It was Captain Nicholas Bossham- captain of the Terror a large ship equiped with 24 guns and 50 men. Henry ordered all hands to load the guns- Old Jack was smart to bring his mortar along to they structured some of the Kingston II hill so it could support the weight- Old jack aimed and loaded the cannons with bar and chain shot, and his mortar with huge cannon balls and genado shells, " Alright Rachel givem the pyrates yer wrath!" yelled Jack as he fired the Mortar.

The Terror was nothing but wreckage After this- the whole crew congratulated one another and gave 3 cheers to Jack and an extra wiskey ration. They continued sailing until they reached Portobelo there he got some spaniards- Pedro, Antonio, and Carlos to join them. The whole crew crossed the jungles for 3 days stopping 1 day to patch up any injuries and rest. When they finnally reached a cave they walked inside with torches to guide them when they stumbled upon a chest they unlocked it and found inside 20 bottles of rum, 2 purses containing 100 gold guineis, and a small gold cross which Henry reserved for himself. After sharing aout the guineuis and drinking the rum they looked further and found a bottle marked "Vodka" curious what it was Henry popped it open and took a drink " Ugh-* Cough Cough*- Disgustin' jeez ugh worst thing I tasted in me life" said Henry. Ned took a big gulp and nearly well in good words made his lunch reappear. They looked further and found a book it read My Logbook- 1567- Aboard The Golden Hind.

The Mysterious Golden Hind

The crew read the book " Aha! 1568 look boys!" said Henry is reads " I have reclaimed the treasure- it is no longer on Portobelo but aboard the Hind, where I shall keep it until the arrangements to 'dissapear" are made". Dangit!- said Ned "the Treasure aint here is on his bloody galleon!" Lord knows where treasure or Hind now be" said Pedro. So like that they asked spanish authorities- they looked in libraries but finnally in Drake's logbook they found it- " She is anchored on the east point of the Puerto Rican Island". They set sail for Peurto Rico and there picked up a puerto rican Rodriguez to join- they sailed to the East point of Peurto Rico and encountered the Hind but they found an awful suprise the Hind was empty- her logbooks, cannon, treasure goods were all gone, Vanished ,yet a mysterious ship was sailing away.

The Battle For The Treasure

The crew loaded the guns and mortar- turned out the spaniards had been following the Kingston II and they took all the goods The sloop gained on the much larger Spanish Galleon- where they saw 300 spaniards aiming cannon and muskets on them- yet Henry was willing to fight to the death. The Kingston sailed to the Stern of the galleon and by Jack's musket aim they shot off part of the riggig and the helmsman, ned damaged the rudder with axes and the crew fired grape shot at the crew. The spaniards fired their small arms but missed- \Henry continued to order his crew to load the muskets and shoot off the rigging and pick off men one at a time- the Kingston was special built with Supports for Mortar and small holes where muskets to poke through where the crew could fire and still be covered- so none of the crew were killed...Yet..

Aghh!! yelled Antonio as he fell from the mainmast having been shot in the stomach and that fall killed him. Henry's men were panicking and lost courage though Henry kept persuading them to pick off the crew and rigging. Jack aimed the Morta and fillled her with grape shot and fired the grapes killed most of the spaniards and the Captain. When there was none left but the bosun. Doctor's mate, 8 gents and a 2nd mate the spaniards surrendered.

Plundering The Hind's Treasure

The crew locked the spaniards in the brig and plundered the Galleon- exactly all the gold bars, silver coins, emeralds and rubies, iron and best of all 5 tons of rum. After 10 days of transeferring the cargo they sailed off leaving the prisoners aboard their demasted galleon. They sailed to the Bahamas, made repairs and partied for a day and night then sailed again. It was October 23rd when they returned to Bristol. It waas nother party- Sarah gave hugs, Jack gave shots, and Rheim gave RUM. " 3 cheers for rum!" the whole crew yelled!- Huzzah!!!

Epilouge

It was great for Henry, Ned, Quartermaster Andrew, Old Jack, Pedro, Carlos, Rodriguz and the five other crewmembers. They shared out the treasure 78,000 pounds a man- They were all rich. Quartermaster Andrew married, built a big house and sugar plantation but continued to sail his ship to explore, Old Jack bought 50 40 pound mortars, Ned used the money- on woodcraft, booze and food. Henry- continued to drink at Rheim's Liqourhouse and entertained Sarah with the stories of his amazing adventures.
The End.

Not as long as my earlier story but I like this one- I hope you guys enjoy it too-
Walter Kennedy. 10:54 Pm- Oct. 06- Sat., 2012

Back