• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Historical collaboration in the Hearts of Oak Videogame

Alexandros

Landlubber
Good Afertnoon

My name is Alejandro Cavero, in the Forum, my nick is Alexandros.

I´m a Student of History´s degree in Madrid, Spain; and I´m going to specialized in naval history. Due to my studies, I have the chance of consulting many files and naval records of the Royal Spanish Navy, and also cartographics records. As you are developing the Hearts of Oak Videogame, that take place on 18th Century, I would like to help because I have access to the offical Spanish Navy records, so I could give you the information you need( ships’ drawings and their specifications, cartography, uniforms, expeditions, commercial routes, etc…) of course, I will do this without any economical interest, only academical interest.

Please let me know if you are interested in my help. Thank you very much.

Alejandro Cavero “Alexandros”

I would like to help because I have access to the offical Spanish Navy records, so I could give you the information you need( ships’ drawings and their specifications, cartography, uniforms, expeditions, commercial routes, etc…)
Interesting in my case, if this kind of information is also about the period of my storylines (1660-1680).

Hi Alexandros, welcome!

By the sound of things, the information you can provide would be highly valuable to this project, so we'd be very grateful for that.
@Post Captain is our historical accuracy coordinator, so he should post here soon.

Ahoy Alejandro, welcome aboard mate!

Thanks for your offer, it is very much appreciated, your help here would be most welcome indeed! I am sure your access to those records will come in very handy! I am also sure you will find some of use quite eager to take you up on your kind offer! A lot of us are familiar with the history, but some of the details are lacking, especially in the earlier eras.

While our first version of the game will focus on the mid 1700's, we do plan on adding other eras to the game as well, and access to those archives would be invaluable when we add 16'th and 17'th century eras as well! I know it is not very likely that you would be able to find vessel plans for those earlier eras, of course if you could that would be outstanding, but if you could find vessel descriptions in those records that would be awesome! Fort plans or descriptions and locations, Spanish military weapons and descriptions, uniform and regular clothing, governors names, major merchants and traders names., and of course pirate names would be good too. If you could find preferred trade route maps to the Caribbean, Mexico and South America, that would be awesome too! Sorry if I am overwhelming you a bit, I am just excited to potentially get access to this type of material. :woot

As shipbuilding coordinator, I can say that while we probably have a minimum amount of Spanish plans to scrape by with, more would certainly add to the richness of the game through potentially having better choices :yes So Ship plans for the proper era (about 1745-1765) would be much appreciated!

Back