• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

The whole lot is in "Experienced Captain > HMS_Surprise_final.zip".
That's from when it used to be my forum name, but when I changed to Armada, I didn't update the folder, otherwise I'd have broken links everywhere.

No worries Armada. I was in a mood that day from a great deal of pain I have been going through caused by a autoimmune diseas I have and I'm sorry if I came off rash. I ment no harm. You are right about the spanker. It always has bugged me but i just wish there was a better way of fixing it because when you revers the it you get the reverse lighting on the spanker. Oh well, its better then nothing.
onya.gif

Would and Jack like me to download your files and make a COAS version for people to download?
par-ty.gif

I'm sorry to hear of your immune system problem. I'm a Vietnam Veteran with a long term immune system problem. :cheers

There is good news about the spankers. I have just completed my 2nd conversion of an existing ship and more will be coming soon.

Awesome news Haylie! Can you fix the beep problem we have on some models?

It is weird, I was in the US Navy for 7 years and served aboard submarines for 5 of them (USS Seawolf) and all my friends or most of them have health problems including most of us who got the full anthrax vaccines.

Army. Probably Agent Orange, although I have also worked for decades in oil refineries.

That beeping sucks. What causes it and what ships are affected?

Dang it. I can't get it to un zip. I keep getting hit with error messages when I try to extract it.
dunno.gif

Here's a screenshot if it helps.
dunno.gif
[attachment=6682:Fullscreen capture 6282011 43401 PM.jpg]

Yes I know my desktop is horribly cluttered. It's that way from when I was making that video fro my church. I gotta move those off.

@Craiggo: I'm sorry to hear of your and Hylie's conditions. I can't even begin to imagine what you've been through.
We've all been there and let words slip when in a mood, so I understand now why you said what you said.
You did hit on a point though; I was being too much of a perfectionist this time. :facepalm I began to suspect it after I posted those questions, anyway.

As Hylie said, the spankers are no longer a problem (I gave you a link in my last post), thanks to our efforts. ;)
Of course I'd like you to make the CoAS version. If you want it, you have it!

Dang it. I can't get it to un zip. I keep getting hit with error messages when I try to extract it.
dunno.gif
Curses! I've tried it myself and see what you mean.
Bear with me; I'm re-uploading it as a 7z file as we speak...

OK, try again now. Same folder, same filename. :keith
I'm also about to post some new images on the ModDB page, just to show off what we've done.

Thank you mate. What a cool birthday present.
me.gif
She looks lovely. I am curious though, why are her stern windows open?

Thank you mate. What a cool birthday present.
me.gif
Yeah; sorry you had to wait nearly the whole day before getting hold of her, though. My bad. :eek:ops2

I think the open windows are a nice touch, which you don't see on any other model we have (as far as I know).

No worries, mate.
me.gif
I got her on my birthday and got to play with her a bit before I went out. So thanks again.
laugh.gif

54 MB compressed A SINGLE SHIP???
piratesing.gif
I begin to wonder just how much does the Build instalation "weight" on the hard drive now?
laugh.gif

edit: when unzipped the textures alone are 145MB
piratesing.gif
With such ships, soon the game won't start at all
laugh.gif

I know, it's pretty ridiculous for one ship! It does seem to be the textures to blame, seeing as there are at least 21 of them.
Then again, that's just down to Jack's decision on how to map the textures to the model, I guess. They're pretty easy to manipulate, at least. :cheeky

Luckily though, I've not noticed any framerate drops yet. Sometimes it's a tiny bit slower to load, but the game still runs smoothly. :keith

build instrallation GoF = 16 GB. i dont care.
Surprise is one of the stars of my game. i buy every one i see, and store one in every harbor i have access to.
Her and her sisters RAA frigate, berlin frigate, defflinger and 32 gun frigate, the improved Bellona and the 28 gun frigate... could not play this game without them.
GOF is a Joy to the eye, and Jacks creations are part of it.

I know, it's pretty ridiculous for one ship!

My friend who's an indie game developer would rather say it's "stupid" alocating this much memory for a single game object.
laugh.gif

build instrallation GoF = 16 GB. i dont care.
Surprise is one of the stars of my game. i buy every one i see, and store one in every harbor i have access to.
Her and her sisters RAA frigate, berlin frigate, defflinger and 32 gun frigate, the improved Bellona and the 28 gun frigate... could not play this game without them.
GOF is a Joy to the eye, and Jacks creations are part of it.

Won't do you any good when you can't play the game anymore because it constantly goes out of memory...and then crashes.

Yea, thats a thing that happens... crashes with no notification, in critical moments like going from a sea battle to "God mode" mostly. Got used to it and am saving often.
But you know what... GoF and Modding also boosts the economy. I just bought this,specifically to better enjoy GoF, Il-21946, SoW-BOB (aka Cliffs of Dover):

Grafikkarten AMD Radeon HD 6000
HIS HD 6970 Turbo
1 x € 329,-*

CPU Sockel 1155
Intel® Core™ i7-2600K
FC-LGA4, "Sandy Bridge"
1 x € 264,-*

ASUS P8H67-V R.3.0 Sockel 1155
Sound, G-LAN, SATA3, USB 3.0
1 x € 129,90*

ADATA DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1866 Kit
AX3U1866GB2G9-DG2, Game V2
1 x € 61,90*

so.... big grin.

to me, Things can be pushed further. What we might need is maybe to check the game' s EXE on how much memory can be used and such, and then increase that memory?

Back to topic:
I applaude the release, and am loooking forward to see her incorporated in GoF.

Back