• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released HMS Unicorn

Reverse lighting is a model problem; you can't fix it without re-exporting the model from Maya.

Ok.........

Well, the HMS Unicorn is on the FTP in my "after patch 7" folder. The lights are from the barque longue. I could not find anything else less bad.

I'm going to take a short break before doing any other ships because I'm off to Cozumel and the Black Pearl!
thpirateshipff.gif

Thanks a lot! Any chance you can also upload the files for the camera height fixes by Pgargon?

What are you up to on Cozumel? Can you check for me if you can now capture the Black Pearl without any problems in Patch 7?

Camera height fixes? :shrug

I captured the Black Pearl, but the movies started before I could do anything, so I did not capture the Black Pearl. :rumgone

I thought Armada made a hirez one that no longer has the reverse lighting bug, but it does.
The boat I fixed was the one you see in port, with the crew members sat paralysed in it. I also replaced baat.tga with a high-res version sourced from a boarding deck texture.

Anyway, are the boats attached with a locator? If so, I can give you an individual boat model which doesn't have reverse lighting (I think),
which you can duplicate and attach with one locator each.
If not, then it's a whole re-export. OR simply replacing 'baat.tga' on the hull with 'path.tga' to hide the boats, and adding the fixed ones with locators.

Oh that! :facepalm I have been working off of that file. I have done the Derfflinger, the Dutch Pinnace, the FWzP, and the Unicorn.

I don't recall working on the Caravala Redonda, and I set the Pinnace Berlin aside as broken. I'm currently working on the light frigate rigging, and then there are some ships you started on that I will finish.

Armada: The boats are part of the main GM.

Oh that! :facepalm I have been working off of that file. I have done the Derfflinger, the Dutch Pinnace, the FWzP, and the Unicorn.
Thought I asked you yesterday? :facepalm

I don't recall working on the Caravala Redonda, and I set the Pinnace Berlin aside as broken. I'm currently working on the light frigate rigging, and then there are some ships you started on that I will finish.
Anyway, if you can upload the files for the ships you did do and I can do the Caravela Redonda for you, I think

Everything I have done is on the FTP in my folder, in the sub folder "after patch 7".

The FWzP is confusing because there are 3 folders there. One has the 1st one I did, then there is a folder with the POTBS versions, and then there is an update that goes with the 1st POTC version. That last one is for a different lateen.

Armada: I've already moved on from the Unicorn. I will get back to it later.

I got to compare the Unicorn to the Corvettes and the Unicorn is a much larger ship, but I based it on the corvettes. So now I'm thinking that perhaps the Unicorn should have different stats to reflect her larger hull. Things like a stronger hull with more cargo capacity. But how much more?

Why would such a nice ship be called a "Nightmare"? o_O To me that sounds like some fantasy ghost ship's name.

Why would such a nice ship be called a "Nightmare"? o_O To me that sounds like some fantasy ghost ship's name.

so what ur saying here is that a ship named "Unicorn" actually sounds like a fantasy ship if its called "Nightmare"?

ironic isn't it.. since nightmares do happen in real life, yet I've never come across a unicorn so far XD

I know of a pirate vessel named Zebra... Zebras are like unicorns, right?
Edit: All kidding aside, I side with Armada. A frigate like that would had a name that was more... well, dignified.

The Nightmare and the Unicorn are the same ship in the last versions of GOF. We never liked the old POTC Nightmare, but we wanted certain ships to have more textures. The code only recognizes 3 textures per ship. (i.e. Hull1 Hull2 Hull3) If we could figure out how to get more recognized - like hull 4, 5, 6 we would do it.

Craiggo did six really nice textures for Unicorn. So we just replaced the old Nightmare with another Unicorn, and now there are 6 possible different versions of Unicorn you can encounter. This is not the only ship we did this with. Craiggo has a LOT of really nice hull skins and he's working on more.

So Hylie you better import your model twice! OK I need some more spiced rum....mmm the air smells great!

MK

Back