• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hobby 3D modeller eager to participate

SimoG94

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Provisional
Hello good people!

My name is Simo, I'm an electrical engineering student and passionate 3D modeller.
This game you are creating is just perfect, I can't wait for it to be finished. I would be proud if I could help you in any way.
I can offer you some programming skills, but they would need a bit of sharpening. So, I decided to apply for 3D moddeling, which is my stronger side. Here's a couple of my modells:
In the game, I could produce smaller assets, houses, furniture, tools, weapons or anything you asign to me.
I'm using Sketchup, but I can learn other programs if I need to. So, I am willing to learn and I am willing to work!

Please let me know if I can help, thank you!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome Simo! We have boatloads of models researched and in need to be made:http://www.piratesahoy.net/forums/assets-needed.134/, which means you can choose what you like most (except ships) :) We'd be providing starting references and advising you along the way.

Do you model only with SketchUp or any other software? I'm myself an old-time SKP user, and can recommend trying Vertex Tools or similar plugins to give you per-vertex controls, without which, SketchUp quickly becomes painful :) We do require higher polycount and texturing, unlike your current works, but as long as you are willing to invest time in learning, we'll be advising you along the way. Also you'd be making your own textures, so I can recommend starting with props, that do not need large tiling or very hi-rez textures. Or perhaps you are familiar with Substance Designer?

So, have a look around and write us here or to me personally how you want to proceed. Welcome aboard ! :doff

Hi Simo, welcome! I've added you to the 3D Artists team so you can view the relevant forum threads.

Excellent, I'll start right away!
Besiedes SKP I know a little bit of AutoCAD but not enough for this standard. I'll definitely get vertex tools.
I have watched Captain Murphy's vidios on Substance Designer and I see why it is used, I just have to learn how to use it. :D
I'm gonna go find something to draw now :)

Back