• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hoist The Colors continuation

Felipe Miranda

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
It's stop at the nd of the curse of black pearl. When we will have Dead's Man Chest and At Worlds End and New Tides?

It's stop at the nd of the curse of black pearl. When we will have Dead's Man Chest and At Worlds End and New Tides?

This is not likely to happen anytime soon - since no one is working on the Jack Sparrow story for this game -- there is a possibility that it may never happen, since the game engine is virtually obsolete and most effort is now going into creating a game ourselves - see Hearts of Oak forums.

:cheers

This is not likely to happen anytime soon - since no one is working on the Jack Sparrow story for this game -- there is a possibility that it may never happen, since the game engine is virtually obsolete and most effort is now going into creating a game ourselves - see Hearts of Oak forums.

:cheers
Thank you, i'll see it.

Note that we will not be making anything from the films for official inclusion in that game, as far as I know. That would be a spectacular way to get sued by Disney. On top of that, any historic vessels will already take the places of fictional movie vessels. The QAR will be as close to the real-life historic vessel as possible, once it is modeled. (We have similar vessels on the way that will be modified at some point. No surviving plans.)

Note that we will not be making anything from the films for official inclusion in that game, as far as I know. That would be a spectacular way to get sued by Disney.

Do Disney really care that much! That they would sue people doing things for pleasure and not taking payment for their efforts. :shock

Anyway they should be grateful for all the free publicity and fan-base maintenance that we have provided for them - considering their own pathetic attempts to create computer games based on Pirates of the Caribbean.

:duel:

That would be a spectacular way to get sued by Disney. On top of that, any historic vessels will already take the places of fictional movie vessels.
That is why i hate movies productors :mad:
WB have do this with the LOTR Modders for Skyrim, that would be a great mod :/

Do we want to risk it? It's going to be a major, standalone game. Unfortunately, they're an inhuman corporation, and we can't assume that they will react as you stated. Unfortunately, again, I'm afraid that they will more likely view that as us stealing their intellectual property.
Besides those reasons, I think we should avoid all characters that don't belong to us or history. It's not only those films. I'm in favor of skipping Aubrey and Hornblower, too. I personally feel that we should come up with our own characters, our own stories. We certainly are capable of doing just that.

That they would sue people doing things for pleasure and not taking payment for their efforts.

That's copyright infringement, which is not exactly legal. That's exactly how people get in trouble with corporations. If I remember correctly, we had the a similar discussion awhile ago, reaching the conclusion that I presented. I just don't think implementing a bunch of PotC stuff would be a good idea.

I realize that that might come out as a little intense, and I apologize for that, but it was the easiest way to explain my thoughts on the matter.

That's copyright infringement, which is not exactly legal. That's exactly how people get in trouble with corporations. If I remember correctly, we had the a similar discussion awhile ago, reaching the conclusion that I presented. I just don't think implementing a bunch of PotC stuff would be a good idea.

I realize that that might come out as a little intense, and I apologize for that, but it was the easiest way to explain my thoughts on the matter.
Yes, they have copyright, but if the responsable for the Hearts of Oak can contact Disney for asking copyrights, its a small chance, but we can risk They'll problably ask for put the Disney logo's in the game, or even payments.. but if they dont ask for payment, we can do this :/

Note that we will not be making anything from the films for official inclusion in that game, as far as I know.
Who can say what stuff/stories the modders will come up with...

This topic of including/excluding film content is a sensitive one, it seems, but we have discussed it before and come to a sensible conclusion.
Initial content developed for the game will be completely original work of our own (except for ship designs and such), so we can hopefully establish a unique identity for the game.
However, at a later stage, perhaps we could offer optional downloads including ships from films like POTC, M&C etc. I suspect that would be far less likely to cause a problem than including a full-blown POTC storyline, for example. And if problems do arise, we can take the downloads offline while maintaining the rest of the game.

However, at a later stage, perhaps we could offer optional downloads including ships from films like POTC, M&C etc. I suspect that would be far less likely to cause a problem than including a full-blown POTC storyline, for example. And if problems do arise, we can take the downloads offline while maintaining the rest of the game.
We could do a POTC mod for Hearts of Oak, who will put ships and storylines, for example, James Norrington, Will Turner, Davy Jones and Jack Sparrow.

Erm... I just stated that adding a POTC storyline might not be a good idea. That probably applies to characters, as well. We'll see.

I think we'd be playing with fire there. For safety, a mod would have to be done by somebody other than the developers, and not be officially affiliated with us, like is done for M&B.

We'll do just fine without PotC for the time being. I think that we can do better than Disney.

I think we'd be playing with fire there. For safety, a mod would have to be done by somebody other than the developers, and not be officially affiliated with us, like is done for M&B.

We'll do just fine without PotC for the time being. I think that we can do better than Disney.
We'll do, but we need some fantasy ships, dont you think?
I dont know, like ghosts ships or storylines. Skeletons and etc.

To start Hi everyone I'm new on this site!
I started playing at four days and already finished the entire history of jack and I must admit it left me anxious for more! And there you are stopped, deciding whether do or not.:(
If disney was a process issues regarding this game would cease to exist when it was introduced Curse of the Black Pearl!
What are the problems? We already have models of ships, some of the characters and places are not a very big problem.
I know it's very difficult to make a game but if we come up here already! we can not stop! now it's not just dead mans chest and at world's end also has on strange tides and near that disney is planning! adding this, reality we still have! And we already have the fantasy that it was inevitable that century, you already forgot that was added the kraken! It will be horrible if you stop here! let's go! what is the name of the game?! Pirates of the Caribbean News Horizons! If you stop here, What will be new horizon, beyond the past of Jack! I think if you stop here will be a big disappointment for all the fans of Pirates of the Caribbean who managed to download this game! download is a little difficult!
Sorry my bad english I am a brazilian!

To start Hi everyone I'm new on this site!
I started playing at four days and already finished the entire history of jack and I must admit it left me anxious for more! And there you are stopped, deciding whether do or not.:(
If disney was a process issues regarding this game would cease to exist when it was introduced Curse of the Black Pearl!
What are the problems? We already have models of ships, some of the characters and places are not a very big problem.
I know it's very difficult to make a game but if we come up here already! we can not stop! now it's not just dead mans chest and at world's end also has on strange tides and near that disney is planning! adding this, reality we still have! And we already have the fantasy that it was inevitable that century, you already forgot that was added the kraken! It will be horrible if you stop here! let's go! what is the name of the game?! Pirates of the Caribbean News Horizons! If you stop here, What will be new horizon, beyond the past of Jack! I think if you stop here will be a big disappointment for all the fans of Pirates of the Caribbean who managed to download this game! download is a little difficult!
Sorry my bad english I am a brazilian!
Another Brazilian? Bem-vindo amigo :) Não sou o unico então...
But, we should speak english here. We're not talking about New horizons, nh is a mod for POTC (Akella, 2003) but it seems that anyone is working on that because everyone is working at Hearts of Oak, a game that we are creating, and we cannot put disney's things on the game, only if it was a mod created by someone that is out of the development team.

Looks like there is some confusion here, so as a reminder:

- For the New Horizons mod, we can add more POTC content without issue, because it was Disney's game to begin with. The problem here is that it takes a lot of work to make a full storyline, and our quest writers are currently more interested in other stories or don't have the time to work on Dead Man's Chest. We have had others show an interest in continuing the story, but they have all left.

- Our new game in development, Hearts of Oak, is completely different. Disney has nothing to do with it, so we don't intend to include POTC content initially.

It's great to see I'm not the only Brazilian in this forum!
I know I have to speak in English because I also go into another forum.
I admit that I do not think I'll like because I'm a fan of history POTC. And I love to see the continuation! But what exactly happened to those who were planning to continue? I'm not sure but I think I could lend a hand in continuing, because I know where to find 3d models of the characters missing. just dont know how to add new quests in the storyline, adding new speeches and how to export models from one game to another! I think it's just that these three goals are divided into several others.

Back