• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Hoist the colors mission problem

STARk7

Sailor
I'm on mission with Bootstrap Bill Turner and we need to find a woman,anyway we sailed from Tortuga to Pirate Settlement in Nevis and it turned out that we need to find some guy that lives in a jungle named Clint Eastwood o_O,anyway we found the house and Eastwood wasn't there because I visited that place before this mission and I killed him :unsure,so when we enter the house there is that women lying on the floor and bootstrap says that she is dead and Jack says that we need to talk with Eastwood again and when we exit the house there's Hector Barbosa just standing in front o_O and I can't talk with him so you probably can imagine how confused I am :modding,any help would be appreciated :doff

Sounds like Clint Eastwood needs to be resurrected.
But I cannot do anything about that right now.

Maybe @Jack Rackham or @Grey Roger can look up a trick?

I suppose ideally he should be immortal until his story need has ended...

@Pieter Boelen: The trick would be to detect that Clint Eastwood is no longer needed in the story, bearing in mind that there are several different routes through the early part of the story. Ideally he'd need to be made immortal and the sidequest disabled. Then pick a point somewhere in the storyline where it's 100% certain that you won't need him any more, possibly at about the time Cutler Beckett gives you the Wicked Wench. At that point, disable Clint's immortality and re-enable the sidequest. I've been trying to overhaul the storyline so this is something I'll need to look at.

@STARk7 : Quick'n'dirty fix: put this in "PROGRAM\console.c":
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Clint Eastwood"), "QC_Pirate_house", "goto", "citizen02");
Press F12 to activate it. That ought to put Clint back where he normally stands.

Last edited:
@Pieter Boelen: The trick would be to detect that Clint Eastwood is no longer needed in the story, bearing in mind that there are several different routes through the early part of the story. Ideally he'd need to be made immortal and the sidequest disabled. Then pick a point somewhere in the storyline where it's 100% certain that you won't need him any more, possibly at about the time Cutler Beckett gives you the Wicked Wench. At that point, disable Clint's immortality and re-enable the sidequest. I've been trying to overhaul the storyline so this is something I'll need to look at.
That sounds perfect. :onya

There already seems to be code in place to try to prevent this:
Code:
       case "Look_for_Eastwood":
           SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 2, getCharacterIndex("Bootstrap Bill Turner"));
           SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 3, getCharacterIndex("Susan Shaypen"));
           ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Annabella Brinkley"),"QC_Pirate_house_inside", "goto", "goto2");
           LAi_ActorAnimation(characterFromID("Annabella Brinkley"), "Lay_1", "", -1);

Pchar.quest.Found_dead_body.win_condition.l1 = "location";
           PChar.quest.Found_dead_body.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
           Pchar.quest.Found_dead_body.win_condition.l1.location = "QC_Pirate_house_inside";
           Pchar.quest.Found_dead_body.win_condition = "Found_dead_body";

DeleteAttribute(pchar, "quest.clint_eastwood"); // PB: Temporary disable Shotgun Easter Egg
       break;
Code:
       case "Finished_with_Eastwood":
       // PB: Shotgun Easter Egg -->
           Pchar.quest.Eastwood_Restore.win_condition.l1 = "ExitFromLocation";
           Pchar.quest.Eastwood_Restore.win_condition.l1.location = "QC_Pirate_house";
           Pchar.quest.Eastwood_Restore.win_condition = "Eastwood_Restore";
       break;

case "Eastwood_Restore":
           PChar.quest.clint_eastwood.win_condition.l1 = "location";
           PChar.quest.clint_eastwood.win_condition.l1.location = "QC_Pirate_house";
           PChar.quest.clint_eastwood.win_condition = "clint_eastwood";
       break;
       // PB: Shotgun Easter Egg <--
But that only disables the sidequest when you're on your way to meet Clint Eastwood as part of the storyline, and re-enables it straight afterwards.

Another solution might be to simply place Clint Eastwood by the house at case "Look_for_Eastwood". So if you already killed him, he gets resurrected. You can even go and fight him again, if you like, but you've already stolen his guns so he'll just try to thump you.

I don't mind either way. Either put 'DeleteAttribute(pchar, "quest.clint_eastwood");' at the start of the storyline, or bring Eastwood back to life.
He IS quite a legend, so I don't see why not. :cheeky

Resurrection it is, then. It's a lot simpler - it just involves placing Clint on the same locator where he normally stands, which should have no effect if he's already there and should resurrect him if he isn't. And then, if you aren't doing the "Brock/Brinkley" quest, you don't have to wait until Cutler Beckett sends you to Antigua before you go to relieve Clint of his guns.

Resurrection it is, then. It's a lot simpler - it just involves placing Clint on the same locator where he normally stands, which should have no effect if he's already there and should resurrect him if he isn't. And then, if you aren't doing the "Brock/Brinkley" quest, you don't have to wait until Cutler Beckett sends you to Antigua before you go to relieve Clint of his guns.
Works for me! :cheers

Could you put these lines into "console.c"?
Code:
           ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Clint Eastwood"),"QC_Pirate_house", "goto", "citizen02");
           LAi_SetCivilianPatrolType(CharacterFromID("Clint Eastwood"));
The first line is the one I already suggested. The second may be necessary to allow you to talk to him, otherwise when he's resurrected, he may just stand there like a dummy.

Press F12. If he doesn't appear right away, leave the area and return. Failing that, quit the game, then please post "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists.

Back