• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Hoist the Colours Laurence Bannerman Missing After Storyline Ending

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
Another strange thing:

After I completed the main story of the Hoist The Colours (Jack Sparrow) storyline and I go to the store of Grand Cayman Laurence Bannerman (Store Owner) is disappeared and he won't return. I think this has something to do with the end of the Curse of the Back Pearl quest. Laurence Bannerman is one of the men in the fort where you are about to hung but after he runs away there he isn't in the story anymore. I did get a error log when I was playing that part but if I'm not mistaken it was about a missing character by a gate, a soldier but here are my error logs again. maybe you can figure out what is happening here and why Bannerman isn't in the store anymore after the part in the fort.

Also added two saves games, one to see the store owner of Cayman is disappeared and one to get to the fort where you are about to hung. I couldn't get a closer save, I can't save in the fort itself

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• Error logs.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Saves.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
Well, maybe he's to afraid to return now. He ran away you said.
But he should have a replacement after some time there or the store will be useless and the wealth of the town will deteriorate.

EDIT: You should report this to the Bug Tracker

In the system.log it seems one character is missing a GM. Missing GMs usually cause a crash and this one did not.

Missing character models just cause missing characters. Usually only ship/location models cause black screens/crashes.

In the system.log it seems one character is missing a GM. Missing GMs usually cause a crash and this one did not.

Yep I have seen the message of a missing character too but I don't have think about it because it works fine except till I've find out Laurence Bannerman was disappeared out of the store. Last time I saw him was in the fort, what is he doing there? He is the only civilian there and the fort in on Jamaica and Bannerman is from the Grand Cayman story, somewhat strange this one....

You're definitely right that he's present there:
Code:
    case "allerfortredmond":
[...]
       Locations[FindLocation("Quest_Redmond_fort")].vcskip = true;
       DoQuestReloadToLocation("Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "aloc3", "_");
       Characters[GetCharacterIndex("James Norrington")].model = "Conorrington";
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("James Norrington"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc1");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Weatherby Swann"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc3");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Elizabeth Swann"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc2");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Laurence Bannerman"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc5"); // <-------------- RIGHT THERE
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Will Turner"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc4");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Red_soldier_1"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc8");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Red_soldier_2"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc7");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng Soldier for residence 01"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc6");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng_soldier_1"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc11");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng_soldier_2"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc12");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng_soldier_3"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc13");
Are there also soldiers missing from Port Royal after this scene?

You're definitely right that he's present there:
Code:
    case "allerfortredmond":
[...]
       Locations[FindLocation("Quest_Redmond_fort")].vcskip = true;
       DoQuestReloadToLocation("Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "aloc3", "_");
       Characters[GetCharacterIndex("James Norrington")].model = "Conorrington";
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("James Norrington"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc1");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Weatherby Swann"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc3");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Elizabeth Swann"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc2");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Laurence Bannerman"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc5"); // <-------------- RIGHT THERE
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Will Turner"),"Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc4");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Red_soldier_1"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc8");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Red_soldier_2"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc7");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng Soldier for residence 01"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc6");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng_soldier_1"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc11");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng_soldier_2"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc12");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng_soldier_3"), "Quest_Redmond_fort", "rld", "loc13");
Are there also soldiers missing from Port Royal after this scene?

Jep now you mentoin it. The soldiers near the Port gates are disappreared as well. In the Port area itself and the square area. Even if I capture Port Royale there won't be any soldiers there anymore....

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

I've no error in the error log about the missing karakters Laurence Bannerman and the soldiers of Port Royale but here is the compile log after been at the locations of the missing karakters, Cayman store, Port Royale port and Port Royale center. Hope you can fix this as well, quite annoying the shopkeeper of Cayman isn't where he supposed to be

Code:
Start reload
PauseAllSounds
ReloadStartFade
DS: Player ship was at sea for 4 days
ReloadEndFade
** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 13, theHour = 13
Equip Character Gilbert with bladeC26 his nation: 0 blade nation=
Equip Character Laurence with blade12 his nation: 0 blade nation=
Equip Character Edward with blade27 his nation: 0 blade nation=
Equip Character Lionel with bladeC11 his nation: 0 blade nation=
Equip Character Simon with blade19 his nation: 0 blade nation=
Equip Character Bartholomew with bladeC6 his nation: 0 blade nation=
Equip Character Kenneth with bladeC6 his nation: 0 blade nation=
ItemLogic: On load location Cayman_Port
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\PiratesPistol
ItemLogic -> randItem draw: no model for item Cayman_Port.medical2
SETTING MUSIC: music_eng_town
SETTING MUSIC: music_eng_town
locator_name = fakeReload lockedReloadLocator =
reload_cur_island_index = -1
reload_cur_location_index = 403
reload_island_index = -1
reload_location_index = 408
Start reload
PauseAllSounds
ReloadStartFade
ItemLogic: On unload location
ReloadEndFade
ItemLogic: On load location Grand_Cayman_Store
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
SETTING MUSIC: music_shop
SETTING MUSIC: music_shop

It isn't technically a bug; the code does what it is suppose to. But the characters aren't returned afterwards because there is no code to do that.

It isn't technically a bug; the code does what it is suppose to. But the characters aren't returned afterwards because there is no code to do that.

Ah so if anyone add a code to bring them back to their orginal location it will be fixed? I call this a little bug ;). Tell me with code I must add and where it must be added and I'll take a look at it ;)

If I know how to do it I'll think I can fix those little bugs for you :dance

This should put him back where he came from:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Laurence Bannerman"),"Grand_Cayman_store", "sit", "sit1");
LAi_SetStayType(characterFromID("Laurence Bannerman"));

Something similar should be done with the other characters used in that scene.

This is where I put it:
Code:
    case "findecotbp":
       if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM)
       {
         AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Leadership", 25000);
         AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Sneak", 200);
       }
       else { AddPartyExp(pchar, 25000); }

bSuppressResurrection = false;
       //AddQuestRecord("IslaDeMuerteI", "3");
       //CloseQuestHeader("IslaDeMuerteI");
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Barbossa"), "none", "");
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Elizabeth Swann"), "none", "");
       SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 3, GetCharacterIndex("Mr. Gibbs"));
       LAi_SetOfficerType(CharacterFromID("Mr. Gibbs"));
       //setCharacterShipLocation(pchar, "Redmond_shore_02");

ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Laurence Bannerman"),"Grand_Cayman_store", "sit", "sit1");
       LAi_SetStayType(characterFromID("Laurence Bannerman"));
At the end there.

Back