• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hoist the Colours

i dunno. i bought it of vanderdecken. advanced frigate i think. the game just goes really slow and impossible to sail and then the walk path goes weird

Must be HMS_Surprise then; the other one can be encountered at random and therefore cannot be bought from Vanderdecken.
I just gave her a try by just starting the Master & Commander storyline, but didn't notice anything weird...

I wonder if it has anything to do with the interface picture not being there? :?

Have a look in the main Beta topic to see this fix and see if it helps, new game shouldnt be required :yes

Dawriter, you might want to try the new version of HMS Surprise available here, to see if that works better.

Would anyone be able to make some good screenshots from the most interesting scenes in this storyline? Especially the iconic scenes from the movies,
scenes showing the character models (especially the new Tia Dalma in a proper outside scene) and anything else you might find interesting?

You can use the FREE_CAMERA setting at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h to find some interesting angles.
And don't forget to use F9 to hide the on-screen interface where applicable to prevent that from obstructing the screenshots. :woot

If you have ENABLE_CHEATMODE set to on at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h, there will be a character "Random Drunk" in the opening tavern scene who can quickly jump you to various parts of the story.
This means you don't have to play through the entire story in order to be able to do this. :doff

The easiest way is to press the Print Screen [Prt Scrn] button on your keyboard.
Then, exit the game (or use Alt + Tab if using windowed mode, so you don't have to leave the game),
and open a photo editing program (like GIMP or Photoshop) and paste the screenshot into a new file.
Save the file as a JPEG (recommended), and upload it here or on ModDB if you have an account there.
More screenshots are always welcome to keep our mod in the spotlight! :doff

I have got a little problem I'm used the random drunk to go to the part where you need to retake the pearl. (Not cause i'm lazy but that's the point last time i made a mistake,didn't talked to Mr. Henry the Beggar) Well so now i need to go to isla de muerte if got my crew etcetera when i arrive i talk to will and says that mister gibbs needs to stay on the beach. But when i walk to the cave entrance. it's closed, i can't get in. How do you solve this or what did i do wrong?

I have got a little problem I'm used the random drunk to go to the part where you need to retake the pearl. (Not cause i'm lazy but that's the point last time i made a mistake,didn't talked to Mr. Henry the Beggar) Well so now i need to go to isla de muerte if got my crew etcetera when i arrive i talk to will and says that mister gibbs needs to stay on the beach. But when i walk to the cave entrance. it's closed, i can't get in. How do you solve this or what did i do wrong?

When you use the random drunk - how many pieces of the map are you given ? :? - you need all 4 pieces of the map to open the part of the beach with the treasure cave in it.

I am not sure if the random drunk jump start gives you them all. :shrug

I have just checked - & the random drunk jump start just gives you the Aztec Compass - don't get any bits of the treasure map at all.

Not sure how to fix that - - but it means that that jump start is broken ( has not been updated since the map pieces became necessary to open the cave)

:shrug

oh that's kinda frustrating cause i don't want to start over again.
And need to start over again cause i just forgot to talk to Henry the Beggar. BTW what's that nonsense he's not a real character stick to the story.

oh that's kinda frustrating cause i don't want to start over again.
And need to start over again cause i just forgot to talk to Henry the Beggar. BTW what's that nonsense he's not a real character stick to the story.

If you just want to follow the film -- then you can go and talk to the 2 soldiers Murtogg & Mullroy on the jetty - after you talk to Wellman - without talking to Henry - you will just miss the chance of doing a side story - but the film story should continue OK.

:cheers

PS I am about to look at the random drunk jump starts & see if I can fix them.

:drunk

Add in PROGRAM\console.c below int limit; :
Code:
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "Map_Doc_1");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "Map_Doc_2");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "Map_Doc_3");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, "Map_Doc_4");
Load your savegame, press F12 and you'll get them straight away. Putting those lines in the Billy Brock_dialog.c file will fix the jump-start as well. Which case is it?

Putting those lines in the Billy Brock_dialog.c file will fix the jump-start as well. Which case is it?

Fixed Billy Brock_dialog.c is here -->>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18482-fix-for-random-drunk-jump-start-cheats-another-small-fix/page__view__findpost__p__418232

Pieter can you check it is ok.

Thanks

:cheers

hey guys, I'm alive! whats been going on with this storyline (if anything) be good to get back into the community even if only in my spare time :D

He LIIIIIIIVES!!!! :woot

What's been going on with the storyline? In short: Nothing whatsoever. Apart from some fixes here and there. But no new parts.

Cool cool, I might help out with the bug fixing for the storyline... get back into the groove of it a little and then see what happens :) any really pesky ones you can think of

Not really. Talisman has been doing a lot of play-testing and fixing whatever he ran into.

In fact, I can't think of any recently reported storyline-specific issues.

Good old Talisman, glad to see his still around... I might do something I haven't done since I took on the storyline and actually play it start to finish and see if I run into any myself then

Back