• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Holy falling masts batman

PapaDooks

Landlubber
g'day folks

so is it just my extremely bad luck that in all of my recent sea fights i've lost atleast 1 mast but while using chain shot myself haven't been able to bring down a single enemies mast in return ?

kinda hard to chase down a ship with just ya mizzen

As I understand it, chain shot has a better chance of hitting a mast but does less damage. Cannonballs are less likely to hit a mast, though you sometimes get lucky, especially if you fire a broadside rather than just the bow guns, and do more damage because mast damage is the same as hull damage. Chain shot is good for shredding sails, though; it gets a bonus on damage to sails.

Remember to aim higher than normal if you're trying to chop down a mast. Also, if you're close to the enemy and astern of her, your shots will probably not get over the high stern.

When using chainshot, your cannons will automatically aim higher until you get "too close".

Back