• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Homeland Security Panty Raid!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
As if we needed more proof that America is no longer run by the people, instead it is run by corporate entities set on squeezing out every last penny from their draconian copywrite laws.

A Kansas City lingerie shop owner was alarmed to find Homeland Security agents at her shop Monday morning, demanding she hand over illegal panties that she intended to sell in honor of her hometown baseball team.

Peregrine Honig, co-owner of Birdies Panties in Kansas City, told The Kansas City Star that she thought the panties, onto which she’d hand-painted a “K” and a “C” and the words “Take the crown,” would be a fun way for fans of the Kansas City Royals to support the team in the World Series. Unfortunately, the Department of Homeland Security didn’t see it that way.

“They came in and there were two guys. I asked one of them what size he needed and he showed me a badge and took me outside. They told me they were from Homeland Security and we were violating copyright laws.”

The illegal panties, it seems, had run afoul of Major League Baseball’s copyright. How and why Homeland Security got involved in the illegal panties matter is not clear as of this post, but clearly they weren’t fooling around: according to KSHB (Kansas City), the Homeland Security agents even handcuffed the printer who printed the panties.

“It’s a lot to co-own a small lingerie store and feel like a criminal for printing crowns and KC on blue, cotton, American-made underwear. It seems like a lot.”

The problem, according to KSHB, was that the “K” and the “C” were connected, making the image on the illegal panties look too much like the Kansas City Royals’ logo. That was the point, but Major League Baseball apparently takes underwear-based copyright infringement seriously.

This is not the first time copyright enforcers have gotten a little, well, overzealous. Perhaps most famously, the Walt Disney Company forced preschools in Florida to remove the likenesses of Disney characters from their walls. But the Big Daddy of overzealous copyright enforcement has to be the RIAA, which has sued grandmothers and even confiscated the Winnie the Pooh laptop of a 9-year-old music pirate.

For their part, the Homeland Security agents involved in the illegal panty raid weren’t exactly thrilled with their job assignment that day, according to co-owner Danielle Meister.

“[The Homeland Security agents] felt like they were kicking a puppy.”

Despite the illegal panties seized by Homeland Security, the Kansas City Royals still fell to the San Francisco Giants in Game 1 of the World Series, losing 7-1.​

Original story HERE!

What I find really amusing is now they are trying to justify the raid with the reasoning that this falls in to the scope of Homeland Security because part of their charter is to enforce immigration and customs. Really? Selling panties in Kansas City, Kansas to US citizens IN Kansas City falls under the customs act??

From Wikipedia ...

Customs is an authority or agency in a country responsible for collecting customs duties and for controlling the flow of goods, including animals, transports, personal effects, and hazardous items, into and out of a country.[1] The movement of people into and out of a country is normally monitored by immigration authorities, under a variety of names and arrangements. The immigration authorities normally check for appropriate documentation, verify that a person is entitled to enter the country, apprehend people wanted by domestic or international arrest warrants, and impede the entry of people deemed dangerous to the country.

The explanation is just as pathetic as the act it's self.

As a construction worker in a national defense industry I had to deal with DHS and they are a $100 Billion joke. We routinely lied to them no one was ever caught. They are no better than the Secret Service.

Most government agency's are from what I have seen. Most of these new departments are created simply as a knee jerk reaction to a "perceived" problem. The actual effect however is to just create more bureaucracy and bigger government, which is what certain sectors want in this country.

People who rely on government for everything are much more easily lead and MUCH easier to control. Seems to me history has taught this lesson multiple times, but then again, they stopped actually teaching history in the US a long time ago.

Ayup. It is ironic that the people who are the most dependent on the government are the ones most likely to vote for those who claim to want less government. Like how 48% of the minimum wage jobs are in the south and how the red states take more from the feds than they pay in taxes.

Back