1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Hook's Mod version 1.3 for TEHO 1.4.1

Discussion in 'Sea Dogs: To Each His Own' started by LarryHookins, Mar 6, 2017.

1. LarryHookins

LarryHookins Buccaneer Staff Member Storm Modder

Version 1.3. As good as I can get it. Use it with @kb31's Active Map mod.

MEGA

The newest version of my mod is very nearly for release. It contains bug fixes for the base game, a number of changes, and some new stuff.

The only thing missing now is a way to get it to fail gracefully if you aren't running the right version of the game.

Once that's in, and the existing code tested, this mod could be ready for wide release, if I decide to do that.

I've attached the readme, which may still have a few changes to make. If you're interested, please have a look and comment. If you're interested in testing the mod, let me know and I'll put you on the discussion list.

You can see a screen shot of an earlier version in the "Hook's mod" thread.

Hook

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Carl, kb31 and Pieter Boelen like this.
  2. SD:TEHO

SD:TEHO Sailor

Game Support
    Where did you get version 1.4.1 from? My english Steam version is still 1.4.0.

3. LarryHookins

The only answer I can give is that I found it on my computer one day. I don't know when it might have updated. I thought I had previously been using a different version, but I had no way of checking.

There is an option to use version 1.4 in the properties for the game in the Steam client. Your game may have that set somehow.

SD:TEHO likes this.
  4. kb31

kb31 Sailor Apprentice Storm Modder

:)

SD:TEHO likes this.
  5. Francis86

Francis86 Landlubber

Your mod seem awesome, can't wait!

6. LarryHookins

Just a heads-up. Hook mod version 1.3 is ready for release to testers. I just need to update the documentation and make sure all the files are in order. Any further changes will be bug fixes or new translations.

I'm including a translation file that changes some of the in-game text. I've also included the original in case someone wants to revert. It changes things like if your character was an Ordinary Hidalgo, he'll now be a Recognized Gentleman. Crew morale instead of going from High to Great to Heroic, great has been replaced by Excellent. The crew experience of Quite Good has been replaced by Competent, and Sea Dogs has been replace by Elite. If you prefer Sea Dogs, it's an easy change to edit the file to change it back. I have corrected the spelling of Xebek to Xebec.

My xebec has an elite crew now so my Recognized Gentleman no longer has to find competent or better crews in the tavern, hopefully with excellent morale. Compare that to the original: My xebek's crew are all sea dogs so my Ordinary Hidalgo no longer has to find quite good or better crews in the tavern, hopefully with great morale.

I'm including a version of mod_settings.h that has my personal settings so people can try them. The big difference is that I've tailored the wind and ship speeds to give the sailing experience I prefer: my ship doesn't often get below 6 knots, usually doesn't go above 12, but with an empty ship and high winds it occasionally hits 13 or higher.

I have an experimental mod I'm not releasing yet that has new rumor text for townspeople and captains. It needs to be thoroughly tested and will only take effect on a new game. There are about 45 new entries, intended to give a new player some useful advice, not just tell him to make sure he has ammunition for his pistol. Most of the current rumors repeat in the stock game anyway.

Hook

7. LarryHookins

Version 1.3 linked in the first post in this thread. Let me know what you think of it.

Hook

Carl and kb31 like this.
  8. Francis86

Francis86 Landlubber

I have installed the mod but I still don't see any changes. dropped unzipped content in the TEHO folder and overwrite them. Still no crew on ship in first person view.

The active map mod worked but not this one...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  9. LarryHookins

Active Map doesn't check for a version number. My mod does, because it modifies a lot of files, where Active Map only modifies one file and that one isn't actually used in the game.

What version are you using? If it's version 1.3, the mod will simply crash your game if you try to run it without version checking. It's not possible for me to make a version of my mod that will work with TEHO 1.3 because that version doesn't actually exist.

Hook

10. Francis86

Francis86 Landlubber

I don't think this is the problem, as I run version 1.4.1

11. kb31

Try to enable logging in tehomod.ini and attach your tehomod.log here

12. Francis86

Francis86 Landlubber

just to be sure, after enabling logging in tehomod.ini, I need to printscreen the log that appear real quick when I launch the game? that's what you want to see?

Sorry if I look stupid, I sm not used to this kind of thing. thanks for your time.

13. LarryHookins

If you can post a screen shot of the Active Map, that would tell us a lot. Thanks.

14. Francis86

Francis86 Landlubber

This is the map

Attached Files:

• map.gif
      map.gif
      File size:
      914.3 KB
      Views:
  15. LarryHookins

Thanks for the screenie. Everything looks good there. You have the right version, and it's running the correct map code so you've got the map installed properly.

Next question is why hookmod doesn't work.

In the game folder you will have (among other things) the engine.exe file, a resource folder, and the mods produce a program folder. Since you have Active Map installed correctly, then the program folder will contain at least the code to run that mod. My mod includes a lot more code, so there should be a lot of folders and a few individual files in the program folder. If you only have an interface folder and a settings file in your program folder, then the hookmod was not installed correctly.

Let us know if the program folder is full of stuff. If it's not, try reinstalling hookmod, then check the program folder again. If the program folder has all the hookmod stuff in it, then we have to keep looking. If you made any changes to any of the files, it might have broken something.

Hook

16. Francis86

Francis86 Landlubber

17. kb31

Very unlikely
    You either unpacked mod incorrectly or haven't noticed changes yet =)

18. LarryHookins

He said he didn't have crew on deck. That *might* be specific to a single ship.

Do you have the cannon aiming crosshair in first person view? It's turned off by default in my mod. If you're on your ship at a port, does the text read Open Sea or does it tell you what port you're at? I've replaced Open Sea, so you should never see that. If you do, the mod isn't working. The default text should be slightly bigger. The wind and ship speeds are slightly enlarged over and above that.

Hook

19. Francis86

Francis86 Landlubber

yes! finally it work, great mod, immersion is way better now. thanks you for your work mate!

LarryHookins likes this.
  20. askertr4

askertr4 Landlubber

Hello pirates, I have one problem. I'm on way this mirage quest.I must first shoot mirage ship but aim crosshair not open.I press the C but I cant open pleas Help me My ship is Dutch quest ship. Where is problem??