• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hornblower - Kill Simpson then CTD

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Build 14 Beta 01 Patch 1

I am at Charlestown, Nevis, Naval Academy, after sinking Volcano. I have just killed Simpson.

Capt Sawyer asks Bracegirdle to clear up the mess. Bracegirdle leaves then I get CTD. :sad

No error log generated.

resource\models\locations\Inside\Shipyard4\..\back\inside_back_m.gm

That line looks nasty but you said it happens when someone leaves not when you leave :facepalm

That line looks nasty but you said it happens when someone leaves not when you leave :facepalm

:yes

Sometimes I get one more dialog screen with Sawyer then the crash, but it usually crashes after Bracegirdle leaves.

I think the next thing that is supposed to happen is that Pellew is supposed to say something - but I never get that far :shrug

EDIT:

I have just checked on previous game version (B14 Beta 1 + fix ) where the scene works OK - Pellew is supposed to give Hornblower an explanation of how they trapped Simpson into betraying himself & tell Hornblower to stay in Nevis while he takes Indy to Antigua for repairs. - This is the dialog I can't get to.

Think it could be a problem with Pellew Dialog file - as the Shipyard error is also present in B14 Beta 1 + fix.

:yes

Sometimes I get one more dialog screen with Sawyer then the crash, but it usually crashes after Bracegirdle leaves.

I think the next thing that is supposed to happen is that Pellew is supposed to say something - but I never get that far :shrug

EDIT:

I have just checked on previous game version (B14 Beta 1 + fix ) where the scene works OK - Pellew is supposed to give Hornblower an explanation of how they trapped Simpson into betraying himself & tell Hornblower to stay in Nevis while he takes Indy to Antigua for repairs. - This is the dialog I can't get to.

Think it could be a problem with Pellew Dialog file - as the Shipyard error is also present in B14 Beta 1 + fix.

For Talisman & Captain Maggee - I will take a look at this.

EDIT: Just did a quick "play through" on my "as downloaded" game, (not my own files), and it worked as it should - Sawyer speaks first, then Pellew.
I will try playing it a few more times.

:gday

I have gone back to a save before sinking Volcano & played it all through again - This time is works OK . :modding

So I don't know what was wrong with the previous attempts :shrug

Back