• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hornblower Storyline Impossible?

SeymourSan

Landlubber
I recently started the Hornblower storyline, and I must say, it is damn good! Really excellent work whoever worked on that one :onya

HOWEVER! I am completely dumbfounded by the part I am on right now, where you are taking over the spanish fort... Im about to cross the ropebrigde, but the cannon on the other side blows me to smithereens no matter where I stand in that area. I have tried shooting it, and there is a big smokey explosion as if to say "Right, thats the cannon done, carry on" but as soon as I get any closer... BOOM, and there are bits of me all over the shore, and the spaniards... :facepalm

So my question to you, ladies and gentlement of Pirates Ahoy is... What on earth are you supposed to do?

Cheers
Seymour.

Search for Hornblower Walkthrough, i guess there is one already.

There is indeed a Hornblower walkthrough on the WIKI

Thanks chaps! Im still rather new here so I was unaware that there was ever a wiki :facepalm

Now that I have gotten past that part, it seems that the guide is rather out of date... I have gotten further than the end of it, and am unsure about the actual ending of the quest thus far...

------------------Possible Spoiler------------------------

Just after the confrontation at the lighthouse, where you supposedly find out who the traitor is? Is that the end right now? 0_o I hope not, because I am soooo enjoying this story line, it is way better than the vannila story :p
Who wrote this?

Cheers
Seymour

Ah well then I think the creator (Short Jack Gold) will come across this thread and help you out sometime soon :yes

It does seem to end at the lighthouse.
Of course I'm sure Short Jack Gold does intend to expand the story at some point.

Thanks Seymour for the kind words - much appreciated - and they must be extended to ALL those who provided such magnificent assistant with the effects, models and my finger problems etc. to make it possible. :onya

The story does end at the Lighthouse for the moment - BUT I am working on the extension. :mm
I was hoping to have it ready for the Beta release, but "real life" got in the way for a while, which slowed me down.

Anyway, more is to come - and don't forget there are several other GREAT quests out there in the meantime. :nk

yea erm the wiki hasnt helped me do the spanish connon bit help plz

yea erm the wiki hasnt helped me do the spanish connon bit help plz

To get past the spanish cannon
The dialogue tells you there are 2 paths up from the beach to the rope bridge - take the wrong path and :boom - so try the other one

yea the guys run to the same path every time and i cant find other one

yea the guys run to the same path every time and i cant find other one
When you leave the beach on which you first land to go to the second beach is when the trap is set.
It is the path you choose to go up the hill from the second beach to the rope bridge that sets it.
Choose the wrong path (which you have done) and you will always get blown up.
Choose the correct path to go up the hill and the storyline will continue correctly.

So to keep it as simple as possible - when you first enter the second beach - walk all the way along the sand and see if there is more than one path up the hill.
When you find there is more than one path (which you will) use the one haven't been using.
(I haven't said which one so as not to spoil it for other players - but you yourself know the one you have been using - don't use it again - use the other one.)
;)

Back