• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How can I "set up new buildings" in my colonies?

Hi guys, I bought the original game and on the dvd jacket it is clearly stated, among the features, that I can "conquer and manage colonies, set up new buildings and improve my defensive system" (translation from Italian), but I conquered a colony and I am still "just" a commander, who can't do all that stuff with buidlings.
Besides, I tried to run the updates on the site of Playlogic but they don't work, about the update AOP_15 it says "Application Age Of Pirates 1.41 is not installed," I tried to update also by Star force and it says "No installed protection drivers found to update."
So, please, can anybody tell me how can I reach the "build stage" in the game? Or at least whether it does really exist?

Ahoy mate, welcome aboard. :dance

Part of the reason no one has answered you is because we haven't done any AOP modding for quite some time, and few members actually monitor this section of the forum anymore. The main reason we stopped actively modding for AOP is because of Starforce, aside from Windows, Starforce is the single worst piece of software ever written!The other reason is this is an international forum, and it is quite large, and sometimes it takes quite a while for someone who can actually help to notice a single post.

If you have any mods installed, especially the AOP Supermod, it can cause unusual problems with both the the official Playlogic patch, and the Starforce update because it does actually remove the Starforce drivers when it is installed. If you are running the stock game, make sure that you do not install to the default Program Files directory, as this can cause some issues as well, especially if you are using Windows 7.

Thank you so much, I'll try installing the game in another directory, 'cus I actually have Windows 7.
But what about the "build-stage"? Does it exist? Can I really "conquer and manage colonies, set up new buildings and improve my defensive system" in AoP or they just wrote it to attract customers?
Thanks again.

Read through this topic and I think you will find what you are looking for: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/aop-super-mod.8397/page-32#post-401437

You CAN manage captured colonies but you can't build buildings. I don't remember the game ever claiming you could build them. Keep in mind that as soon as you capture your own colony and don't give it to a particular country, but keep it for yourself, it becomes a pirate colony and all other countries go to war with you. The game becomes very challenging at this point and you can no longer trade with anyone....except pirates.

Also....I don't know if it will run on Win7 64bit even with Starforce disabled. There is a link in that topic for installing and disabling starforce drivers after you get the game running. I don't know how many of those links will be good. It has been a long time since anyone was interested in AOP. It was an incomplete game chalked full of bugs. Supermod was the only thing that made that game worth playing. And then there were those crazy brothel clips :rofl

MK

Thanks for taking the time to properly explain it MK, I was in a bit of a hurry and forgot to answer his original question. :facepalm

Back