• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How can Import a AOP2 Sword to POTC:NH

@Pieter Boelen ter Bo Please Help me! What did i make worng
1 rename the ather Katana Texture tu Katana2 and Katana3.
Make the change in the GM file and it get this Message.

Pleace take look the File an tell me what make i wrong

Attachments

• messaage.png
    messaage.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Katana Sword 1 - Beta 2.zip
    577.3 KB · Views: 141
The number of letters in the new Texture names has to be the same as in the original. (6 letters)
So for ex Katan2 and Katan3 would do the trick. Use these in the Hex-editor too of course.

Hello everyone!
I would like to thank @Grey Roger, @Jack Rackham and @Pieter Boelen for your help with my update project!
And excuse me if I have annoyed some!

I have two little Code question to you:
1. Which code have to make and where?
Pleace can you tell me what i have doe if i will have thate One Rare Sword can not be sold in Store
it can only befound in any Treasure chest on a ship.

2.) Which code have to make and where?
If i will add Sword to a Playabele Charaker from start on?

CU
PK

:) sorry for me English

1: Look in "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c". See how, some way further down than the list of weapons and stats, there's the line:
Code:
case "bladeC36":       QualitySkipRand = true;     break;  // special case, JRH (only in stores)
That's what sets it to not appear at random in treasure chests. My guess is that if you want a sword which can't be sold but can be found, you'd want "QualitySkipSell" in there instead of "QualitySkipRand".

2: Look at "PROGRAM\Storyline\FreePlay\StartStoryline.c". Find this bit:
Code:
    case PLAYER_TYPE_SWORD_MASTER:
       if (GetMySimpleName(PChar) == "Bohdan Aleskeevich Voronov" && iNation == PERSONAL_NATION)
       {
         if(ENABLE_WEAPONSMOD) PChar.start_weapon.blade = "blade41+3";
         else PChar.start_weapon.blade = "blade41";
       }
     break;
This is how our Cossack character is equipped with a Russian Cossack's Shashka right from the start.

You want to do something similar, only your character "Monkey_D_Luffy" is defined in "initModels.c" as "PLAYER_TYPE_ADVENTURER", so that's what you'd want instead of "PLAYER_TYPE_SWORD_MASTER". Change the name and nation to match your character, and change "blade41" to be whatever sword you want to give the character.

Ah ok! Good. Thanks

I see i only will make the first one.. :D
I change:
case "bladeC38": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, JRH (only in stores) to

case "bladeC38": QualitySkipSell = true; break; // special case, JRH

Last edited:
Anything after "//" is a comment. The game will take no notice of that. You can write whatever you like there. "JRH" is @Jack Rackham, who created "bladeC36". If you're doing all the work for "bladeC38", you may as well put your own name there!

I'm not completely sure about this part of the code as it's not an area I normally work on. But as far as I can tell, "QualitySkipSell" will prevent the item from being sold. "QualitySkipRand" prevents it from being found in random chests.

Ok look so it must be the right thing:
BladeC36 and BladeC37 can be sold in stores and BladeC38 are not
can only be found.

case "bladeC36": QualitySkipSell = true; break; // special case, PK & JRH (only in stores)
case "bladeC37": QualitySkiySell = true; break; // special case, PK & JRH (only in stores)
case "bladeC38": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, PK & JRH

@Jack Rackham
Is that Code right?

can only be found.

case "bladeC36": QualitySkipSell = true; break; // special case, PK & JRH (only in stores) <- Cold in Stores
case "bladeC37": QualitySkiySell = true; break; // special case, PK (only in stores) <- Cold in Stores
case "bladeC38": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, PK <- Can only be found in any Treasure chest on a ship

Other way round. "QualitySkipSell" means it can't be sold, "QualitySkipRand" means it can't be found. As you've written it there, I'd expect that "bladeC36" and "bladeC37" can only be found, while "bladeC38" can only be bought. (And "QualitySkiySell" is a mistake which will probably prevent it from working at all!)

can only be found.

case "bladeC36": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, PK & JRH (only in stores) <- Cold in Stores
case "bladeC37": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, PK (only in stores) <- Cold in Stores
case "bladeC38": QualitySkipSell = true; break; // special case, PK <- Can only be found in any Treasure chest on a ship

Jack Rackham has make this code for Katana 1:
case "bladeC36": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, JRH (only in stores)

i add this:
case "bladeC37": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, PK (only in stores)
case "bladeC38": QualitySkipSell = true; break; // special case, PK

Last edited:
Again, I'm not 100% sure as this is not an area of modding in which I have experience, but it looks as though that should do what you need. "bladeC36", as set up by @Jack Rackham, should only be available in shops. "bladeC37" should be the same. "bladeC38" should not be available in shops but should be possible to find. The problem is, in my experience of game-play, you don't find weapons in treasure chests. Weapons can be looted from dead enemies. My guess is that "QualitySkipRand" means the weapon can't be carried by random enemies.

There is also "QualitySkipEquip" which I believe prevents an enemy from using a weapon. If the weapon does not have "QualitySkipRand" but does have "QualitySkipEquip" then random enemies may carry it but not use it. Grenades are an example of this; you can occasionally find a dead enemy with a grenade, but no live enemy will throw a grenade at you.

So my guess is that "bladeC38" won't appear in treasure chests but if you attack a pirate ship, some of the crew may be carrying it.

@Pieter Boelen
Can you help me with that code:

BladeC36 and BladeC37 can be sold in stores
and BladeC38 can only be found in any Treasure chest on a ship

case "bladeC36": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, PK & JRH (only in stores) <- Cold in Stores
case "bladeC37": QualitySkipRand = true; break; // special case, PK (only in stores) <- Cold in Stores
case "bladeC38": QualitySkipSell = true; break; // special case, PK <- Can only be found in any Treasure chest on a ship

Thanks

Back