• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How can make new Real piratebrig ship Modell!

pirateking

Privateer
Hello Guys.

Is it Possible that anyone Ship 3D Modler can make a new Pirate Brig Ship Model like The Brig it is in AC4 - Black Flag( The Kenway Brig „Jackdawl“) for the POTC:NH Mod.

That would be cool.

Cu PK

The nearest I can find is this, which is "Brig1" from "City of Abandoned Ships", specifically the "Gentlemen of Fortune" mod for that game:
brig.jpg
You will have to do quite a bit of work to import it into PoTC. If you really want the Jackdaw, or at least something looking vaguely like it, then that's how it will have to be.

@Grey Roger
Oh wow that looks good.
That would be great to have this Brig in my Update as Piratbrig01!

hm but after I read all about this theme,
I think it would be little bit to hard for me to make this.

How have time to doe this work for me. I would be very thankful for help.

Please help me!!

Ps: it could be also that I add more Pirate ships from AOP2-GOF Mod to POTC.

Cu PK

Last edited:
I won't have time to work on this any time soon, but if you're planning on copying more ships from AoP2-GoF to PoTC, this would be a good time to learn how to do it.

Otherwise, if you have a recent version of PoTC (31st August installer), look at the ship which shows up as "Pirate Light Brig" in the ship selection menu in the game, or as "Brig_20_Gun1_181" in "Ships_init.c". This is one I already imported from AoP2-GoF a while ago. I gave it a new pirate texture because the ship has a plank sticking out of one side of the bow, ideal for pirates who want their guests to walk along it. :walkplank

@Pieter Boelen: if I have time after releasing the next version of the update archive, how would you like me to import that version of "Brig1"? It would make an alternative to the existing brig hull which is used for most brig variants in PoTC at the moment.

@Pieter Boelen: if I have time after releasing the next version of the update archive, how would you like me to import that version of "Brig1"? It would make an alternative to the existing brig hull which is used for most brig variants in PoTC at the moment.
Personally I am not very impressed with the detail of the AoP ship models (they're hardly better than the stock PotC ones), so I wouldn't consider it a high priority.
@Armada and me also tried to keep the number of ships added somewhat under control, adding only ships that serve a specific purpose.
But if you think it is a worthwhile model to add to the mod and you feel inspired to do so, go right ahead! Your judgement here is certain to be far better than mine. ;)

For The first time i like to have this Brig Model in to me Update Projekt.

But I have no Know-how about 3D Work and works with this Jop.

Guys please help me to add this Brig Model to me Update Projekt.

@Grey Roger
I only add this Brig to me Update Projekt.
Please can you make this Ship adding work.
Would be nice.

@Armada
Can you maybe help with that? It would be nice.

Cu

Last edited:
Personally I am not very impressed with the detail of the AoP ship models (they're hardly better than the stock PotC ones), so I wouldn't consider it a high priority.
@Armada and me also tried to keep the number of ships added somewhat under control, adding only ships that serve a specific purpose.
To be fair, most of the brig models in PoTC ("Brig1", "Brig2", "RN_Brig" etc.) aren't all that detailed either. Some details are added by the "deck" file, but "Brig2" in particular is still a bit lacking - its "deck" only gives it anchors, figurehead, wheel and bell. And the AoP "Brig1" already has the anchors and wheel. Adding a figurehead wouldn't be that hard. So in the end, all it's missing is the bell.

But I agree, it's not a high priority, which is why I didn't import it along with the other models I "borrowed" from GoF - "BrigQeen1", "BrigSW1", and "Brig_20_Gun1_181".

Hm but it would be nice if anyone could make this work for me, because I am but so good in this work.
There are a lot of things that "would be nice". But wishing for things really hard still doesn't often work.
Stepping in and doing stuff yourself is far more effective. If not, then there is a high chance that nothing happens.
You can still wish and hope, of course. But don't count on too much.

Hm well I will look what i can doe be myself.

Maybe later I think I need some support with the Walk Files or with some ather support.

@Grey Roger
Hm i only find Toturiels about Ships from POTC to Aop2 porting but not AOP2 to POTC?

Last edited:
Walk files are very easy. You just need the conversion tool:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/cloud/re...Files/PotC-AoP Walk Files Conversion Tool.rar

Next: file names. The ship you're trying to import is called "Brig1", but PoTC already has its own "Brig1", so you'll need to change the name of the AoP one. You can call it whatever you like. Rename the ship model folder to your new name - for example, if you want to call it "Jackdaw" then rename the folder from "Brig1" to "Jackdaw". Then you need to rename all the files in the folder, e.g. "brig1.gm" becomes "jackdaw.gm", "brig1_mast1.gm" becomes "jackdaw_mast1.gm", and so on.

AoP stores its ship texture files in separate folders for each ship, e.g. "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\Brig1". In there are three subfolders "Hull1", "Hull2" and "Hull3", which contain the actual texture files. PoTC puts all its ship texture files into "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships". So you'll need to rename all the files in "Hull1". Make the new filenames exactly the same length as the originals. Then use Hex Editor:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/cloud/repository/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/HEX Editor.zip
Edit each of the model files ("jackdaw.gm", "jackdaw_mast1.gm", etc.) and find the names of the original texture files - look for any parts of the file with ".tga", they'll be the references to texture files. Replace what is before the ".tga" with the new name you gave to that file. This is why the new name must be exactly the same length as the old name - it has to fit exactly into the same space in the .gm file.

AH ok Thanks.

@Grey Roger
And what is with the ship is files?
Can I use this from POTC Brig2?

And how add I a Figurehead to the Model is the possible?

@Grey Roger
Can I use the Figurehead gm file from the ship Crimson Blood or from PiratFrigatesup?

Last edited:
You can not use any files from PoTC's "Brig2" to modify AoP's "Brig1". They are completely different models.

Adding a figurehead is possible but can be done later. First see if you can get the ship to work at all. Then you can think about adding details.

Ok Fine. And what ist files have I to use?

If I have make this ship work i talk with Frau Figurehead.

@Grey Roger
I uploaded in the Dropbox me ship but file.
Please check if ok. The ship Name is Piratbrig01 !

Last edited:
Back