• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How do I heal crew & companions on land?

JackOfOwls

Powder Monkey
Newbie problem here. I was in the jungle with two captains when we encountered skeletor monkeys. My captain/surgeon got bitten and was poisoned and all I could do was stand by helplessly and watch him turn green and then experience a quick slow death. How do I heal people in my party? Is it possible to give them healing items individually that they will use appropriately? I can't find any type of inventory option or menu for them.

Stand in front of them and press enter. That will open the menu to give them healing items.

Thanks. This mod deserves a nice, thick manual to help newbies with all the undocumented features. Sometimes I feel a bit lost playing it, but with the help of this forum, I will persevere.

Heh, until recently, I didn't know my aft from my el-bow so fat chance I'd be able to help write a manual at this point in time :p

I didn't even know how to do the most basic things or how to use the all-important radar in POTC but I did find this old thread somewhat invaluable http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...es-of-the-caribbean-pirates-ahoy-style.11304/. But who knows? Maybe someday after I learn the ins and outs of this deep & complex mod I can contribute to helping with a proper manual :yes

You can at least maintain a list of things you didn't know at first, along with any answers if possible.
Basically make a "gameplay FAQ". It is easier to do that if YOU are the one asking the questions. We can help with the answers, of course.

I was thinking that maybe just collecting the readme & documentation included in the original individual mods and compiling & editing them into a comprehensive FAQ/manual might work but I don't how detailed the original txt files were or even if there were help files included with the mods. Or maybe it's more fun to just discover things on our own aside from explaining basic interface functions.

There is the Documentation folder in your main game directory, which includes all sorts of stuff.
@Thagarr made a PDF with all the old ReadMe's and such and there is an interesting (though not entirely up-to-date nor correct) manual as well.

Back