• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How do you get the Flying Dutchman in POTC new horizons?

Tortuga is supposed to be a French colony in all storylines except Hoist the Colours, so try flying a French flag and sailing into the port.

Tortuga IS friendly to pirates in ALL storylines. So flying a pirate flag should work too.
However, it is French in all storylines except the Jack Sparrow one.

Tortuga IS friendly to pirates in ALL storylines. So flying a pirate flag should work too.
However, it is French in all storylines except the Jack Sparrow one.
Is that so? Then why did they open fire on me last time I had a pirate flag hoisted and got too close?
I had already selected the flag before exiting the World Map close to Tortuga.

Is that so? Then why did they open fire on me last time I had a pirate flag hoisted and got too close?
I had already selected the flag before exiting the World Map close to Tortuga.
Uhm... that's strange. This is the code for it in PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\BattleInterface.c:
Code:
// Screwface : Fort of some towns are neutral with pirates during the Spanish Main period
void CheckforPirateException(int fortidx)
{
    bool pirate_neutral = false;
    ref chr = GetCharacter(fortidx);
    if(chr.town == "Port au Prince" && GetCurrentPeriod() == PERIOD_THE_SPANISH_MAIN) pirate_neutral = true;
    if(chr.town == "Redmond" && GetCurrentPeriod() == PERIOD_THE_SPANISH_MAIN) pirate_neutral = true;
    if(chr.town == "Tortuga") pirate_neutral = true;
    if(chr.town == "Tortuga" && GetCurrentPeriod() == PERIOD_COLONIAL_POWERS) pirate_neutral = false; // Tortuga already IS pirate
    if(pirate_neutral)
    {
        for (int i = 0; i < iNumShips; i++) {
            if (Ships[i] < 0) continue;
            if(sti(characters[Ships[i]].nation) == PIRATE)
            {
                SetCharacterRelationBoth(Ships[i], fortidx, RELATION_NEUTRAL);
            }
        }
    }
}
What storyline/period were you in at the time?

What storyline/period were you in at the time?
Ah, there's the problem. I was playing the Sea Hawk storyline, and since that's now in Colonial Powers, the code DOES make Tortuga hostile to pirates, because unlike in Hoist the Colours, it isn't a pirate colony.

OH WAIT! I know what is messing us up there!
We changed it to be Pirate only in the Jack Sparrow storyline, but that code makes an exception for the entirety of the period.
So indeed they wouldn't be tolerant to pirates then. :facepalm

I've just rewritten this so that instead of Tortuga starting out as Pirate in the code and being changed later, it now starts out French.
The change is storyline-dependent using proper StorylineVars and this is also what is used for the fort being friendly to pirates or not.
Still to be tested though.

Back