• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How finished are the various storylines!

Captain Maggee

Aussie Pirate
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
:gday

Basically I will update the list everytime a new patch is released to let you know how complete the various storylines are :D

Could Bartolomeu and Thomas the Terror both PM me explaining their quests like I did for Jack Sparrow :cheeky

Thanks Short Jack Gold for sending me his ;)

Ok now for the list (as of Build 14 Alpha 10 [so far]):
# The Tales of a Sea Hawk (Nathanial Hawk): [No One] {FINISHED!}
- Main Quest: is the main quest released with the original game with bug improvements. It is 100% playable if you use the Bridgetown (Greenford) fort fix at the capture town part of the main quest with Danielle. One thing we have done is make the Black Pearl boardable (however this is tricky cause of its speed) and also have the player able to continue to play after the quest is finished (NOTE: some people have a windows crash at Black Pearl fight, if this is the case next patch will hopefully fix it :D [Can someone let me know if this was done???????])
- Sidequests: are the ones from original game with a couple more added, also some that I think didn't work in the original game now do work ;)
[WALKTHROUGH: Should be complete and on the Wiki]

# Hoist the Colours: Tales of Jack Sparrow (Jack Sparrow): [Captain Maggee/Dawriter] {WIP}:
- Main quest: many different options are available for the player to take with some leading to a different story than that of the one we know. Currently the storyline goes to the end of "The Curse of the Black Pearl" and then finishes, Work will be done on "Dead Man's Chest", "At World's End" and "On Stranger Tides" sometime though ;)
- Sidequests: are used to explain Captain Jack Sparrow's past (which he refers to throughout the movies) and also explain how he is charged for all the things he is being hung for at the end of CotBP. The current sidequests feature all the pirate lords (except Misstress Ching [WIP by Dawriter]) and more will be coming sometime ;)
[WALKTHROUGH: Available on the WIKI]

# Bartolomeu o Portugues (Bartolomeu o Portugues): [Bartolomeu o Portugues] {Last quest being worked on ;) }

# Assassin (Johan Elting): [Bartolomeu o Portugues] {Last quest being worked on ;) }

# The Chronicles of Horatio Hornblower (Horatio Hornblower): [Short Jack Gold] {WIP}
Main Quest: Starts with Hornblower getting his first ship and goes through to his capturing the French ship Le Reve. It then follows the various adventures of Hornblower through the various Hornblower stories:
The Lieutenants Exam (Fire Ship), The Devil and the Duchess, Mutiny and Retribution.
It then goes on for some land battles and throughout the whole storyline, he has met and works with, Richard Sharpe of the 33rd Foot then 95th Rifles.
It concludes for the moment with him meeting Maria when peace is declared, or going to a French prison, or being hung for mutiny, according to the choices made by the player during the game. Will be going into Frogs and Lobsters
[WALKTHROUGH: Updated version on the WIKI]

# Escapades of a Chevalier (Jean de la Croix): [Thomas the Terror] {WIP - However with real life not being done}

# Blaze & Beatrice Devlin [No One] {WIP}
Main Quest - Currently has a start but soon finishes and then doesn't continue. No one is currently working on it so this is how it will stay for the time being ;)

I will update the list as I get the PM's stay tuned :D

I will post my main quest as soon as I have finished the first mission. The start is already finished, but I find that not enough to release it yet. I haven't been able to work on it this weekend, since I was on holiday. But now I have inspiration for the new mission.

The storyline is called: Escapades of a Chevalier.
And the main character is Jean de la Croix.

Just a small note about your list, Captain Maggee. I need to make an additional quest for the Bartolomeu Main Quest to be really finished...

Ok then sure thing Bartolomeu :D

Can you please write up something like I have done for Jack Sparrow for your 2 quests ;)

Yes... But I'll post this over the next days. I prefer to make this work with more time.. My head is already gone on holidays. xD:

There's already quest descriptions in the game itself and also on the ModDB; you can use those. :shrug

- Sidequests: are the ones from original game with a couple more added, also some that I think didn't work in the original game now do work ;)
That is correct; see "buildindo\Quests Added.txt". :yes

# Master and Commander (Jack Aubrey): [No One] {NOT STARTED}
No main or sidequests, purely free game play
I removed this one in Alpha 9.5 Patch 3 to prevent confusion.

Ok the list has been updated with Short Jack Gold's Hornblower and have added if a walkthrough is available ;)

Putting it on the list isn't hard; we can do that straight away if you want.
We could even post a preview article on the ModDB. But then people will want to play it, eh? ;)

One day I hope my quest will be there on the list too ...
If you want to send me something like what is in the other quests I will be happy to add it to the list for you matey :onya

I will also add a {UNAVAILABLE} tag to it so people know it isnt available yet ;)

Hello,

I have search for some time but couldn't find the "Bridgetown (Greenford) fort fix"

Can someone enlighten me?

Thank you in advance! xD:

With Best Regards

Meyer189 :)

It depends on whether somebody takes up work on it.
At the moment, nobody is working on it and it looks like nobody will.
So at the moment, it would appear like it will never be made.
But theoretically, it could be made.
If you would work on it, for example, we'll help you as much as we can. :yes

When will the Hoist the Colours: Tales of Jack Sparrow & Bartolomeu o Portugues be finished? and which storyline is the most complete apart from the New Horizons?

Bartolomeu and Assassin are pretty much complete...

New Horizons is finished...

All of this is in the first post :yes

Back