• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How is the Sailor Tool supposed to work?

Alloppatalle

Landlubber
Hello everybody, I come here in search of a clarification...

I downloaded the Sailor Tool to fix the sailors in a ship, as they were walking in mid-air; I followed the guide here and loaded the ship, its corresponding textures and the sailorpoints file.
I can see the sailors walking, I can switch among the points and paths, inserting new ones, delete them, etc.
BUT
there is no visual feedback at all about the position of the points!

I was expecting to see some kind of colored path, with visible points that update their position when I move them with the arrow keys, but there's nothing...
Trying to place points blindly worked, as they appeared in the sailorpoints file, but it's impossible to place them in the correct position like this...

Does the tool work like this or is something wrong on my side?
Thanks

Yes there are visual points and lines to connect them. It is just really unclear how it all works and making it work is pure trial and error. I learned it one time and have since completely forgotten how it works.
ENGINE 2016-01-26 14-17-30-56.jpg

Yes there are visual points and lines to connect them. It is just really unclear how it all works and making it work is pure trial and error. I learned it one time and have since completely forgotten how it works.
View attachment 25500
Yes, those lines would be really helpful!
Does anybody know how to enable them? I tried pressing every key on my keyboard but the only thing I've discovered is that pressing F activates a wireframe view of the model...

Yes, those lines would be really helpful!
Does anybody know how to enable them? I tried pressing every key on my keyboard but the only thing I've discovered is that pressing F activates a wireframe view of the model...
Did you look at those tutorials yet? That is the only thing I know that might tell you more. :shrug

Did you look at those tutorials yet? That is the only thing I know that might tell you more. :shrug

Yes I read them, but they don't explain how to visualize the lines and the points, only how to edit them.

I thought it was automatic: you open the tool, load the sailorpoints file and they're there, but there's nothing that can help me understand where I place the points!

I'm editing the ini file directly, adjusting the position of the points blindly and then checking the result watching the sailors walk; every time I add a new point I convert the sailorpoints file into a walk file so I can see the points in TOOL, but this process is way too tedious and long... it took me hours to redo the sailorpoints for a ship, and it's not even finished yet!
I'm sure if I could see the points when I edit them in the Sailor Tool it would be much easier!

I just checked the program myself, and the points appear for me after pressing F6 to load the Sailorspoints file. :shrug
SailorTool1.png

When entering Points mode, the points turn yellow and spin rapidly, and the currently highlighted point turns white.
SailorTool2.png

This is on Windows 10 without any compatibility settings checked, though I did have the sky-high framerate issue that Hylie has reported.

Back