• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build How not to be a pirate - tutorial on relations

I thought these tutorials were only activated when you sink a ship? So you can't keep out of battle to wait for the timers to expire because they only start after a battle.
Indeed it should activate either if you sink/capture a ship OR if you get the respective book in some other way. :yes

But I had to make a slight change, cancelling the timer if you get the book to complete the tutorial. So once you've received the initial message and questbook entry, the timer starts. If you ignore the message then one month later it disappears. If you go after the book and complete the tutorial then it should stay. I've put the updated version place of the old version in post 18. If you already downloaded "quests_common.c", please download it again.
:onya

Update: you'll need to replace these three files.

"quests_common.c" had an error - I copied the pirate relations quest from the normal relations quest, and missed one place where "relations_book" needed to be replaced by "pirate_book", so you'd get a questbook entry with a line from the wrong questbook.
"initItems.c" didn't have a valid price for the pirate book, so sneaky traders might have had it in stock but wouldn't sell it to you.
"pirate_book.txt" didn't have anything wrong but I've found that the garbage characters which sometimes appear at the end of a questbook don't appear if there's a blank line after the last line in the text file for that questbook.

I did a test by rigging dialog file "Enc_walker.c" to always have them be sneaky traders, then started a new game and went round every walker in Speightstown until I found one with a pirate book for sale. So with these three files updated, it ought to work properly now.

Attachments

• pirate_book.txt
    409 bytes · Views: 207
  • initItems.c
    309.1 KB · Views: 203
  • quests_common.c
    216.2 KB · Views: 193
Back