• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to change Flags settings

Ah, that's normally because of RLE compression, which I know GIMP uses automatically when saving TGA files.
To prevent this, be sure to un-tick the 'RLE Compression' option when saving your textures.
That should make the texture show up without a red ring around it in TX Converter, meaning it can be converted properly.

Armada, can you get this file and remind me to put it into the next modpack release in a few months?

Will do. I'll start to compile a list of files for the next release, so if you catch anything else to include, please let me know. ;)

Sure. As much as possible, I'm including stuff in my game version too so with the two us doing it, we shouldn't miss anything. I hope...

As long as we are working on realisim for merchants does anyone but me think it is odd that crew in merchant ships are dressed as soldiers of the nation they sail for?

Hmm, good point. I've never really noticed that before, but it does seem a bit odd.
I'm guessing the code can be adjusted based on the ship's 'Trade=true/false' and 'War=true/false' attributes, so this should be possible to fix.
(based on what I understand about the code, which isn't a huge amount...)

Just for clarity's sake, with the new flag textures, is there still a difference between Merchant and Navy ships in all instances?

yes there is! even to the point of it not looking as good or realistic if that wasn't necessary:razz It's still pretty realistic though, and to anyone who isn't a historical realism nazi like me it should look fine.

LOL! Sounds good to me. I'll include it in the Build 14 Beta 2.2 release in a few weeks.

Ahoy there! I just modified the flags to my own liking and I thought someone else might be looking for this. I changed the Polish flag of period three to a Danish merchant/personal flag and also made a Danish pennant for it.
perflg3.png

Here's the download links:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2254466992/perflg3.tga.tx
http://rapidshare.com/files/3258268404/perpnt3.tga.tx EDIT: I just lightened the red colour of the pennant to match the flag.

Just backup the original files in "...\resource\textures\flags" and replace.
:beer:

Back