• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide How to get a very good start

The new WIP update is out so you can try it for yourself now :). I'm curious to how you like it and how to work around it ;)

I have to make sure to deselect main files when installing?
Even if you forget to deselect it, the installer will see the archive is missing, give you a notification and then just skip that step.
So you shouldn't really be able to do it wrong.

and if by accident the Archive is there then it wont do any harm to only take a while longer to update ;).

I have in my mind something.... i have seen recently the film Master and Commander, and i look curiously at the french rival ship, the Acheron. I think that was built during the revolution periods.... anyone knows which ship type is the Acheron?

There is no ship in game which is called Acheron.

Ohh... so there's no ship type for the Acheron? Damn... i love that ship, it looks awesome :whipa

Anyway, i just remember... Those "free-to-play" Storylines (Devlin Opera, Master and Commander, The Buccaneer, Tales of a Chevalier) will be finished in the future? (About talking around a year or so)

And nobody answer my question that i posted some time ago.... which is the archive where i can disable or not the unlocked perks? And where?

How big is the Acheron? There are some French ships of a good size in the game. Look at the Bellona, Boussole, Fleuron, Superbe, and Trinity.

No one is working on those storylines.

Err, internalsettings.h?

Ohh... so there's no ship type for the Acheron? Damn... i love that ship, it looks awesome :whipa
There are a few that might fit the bill as being similar. Use ENABLE_CHEATMODE at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h, then use the customize options in Select Storyline.
Use the Buccaneer storyline and go through all larger French ships to see what we've got.

Anyway, i just remember... Those "free-to-play" Storylines (Devlin Opera, Master and Commander, The Buccaneer, Tales of a Chevalier) will be finished in the future? (About talking around a year or so)
Unless somebody decides to start work on those, then no they won't.
The Buccaneer is intentionally story-less anyway.

And nobody answer my question that i posted some time ago.... which is the archive where i can disable or not the unlocked perks? And where?
PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h with these lines:
Code:
#define PERK_MULTIPLIER           1     // FLOAT - Default = 1, Perks are set to cost base value*multiplier. Set to 0 to have everything be cost 1
#define   ALLOW_LOCKED_PERKS         1     // BOOL    - Default = 1, If 1 perks can be locked. If 0 no perks can be locked.

The Acheron had 44 cannons as they said in the film; 2 bow cannons, don't know if it had stern cannons ( if it had it must be 2 cannons) And 20-21 cannons on starboard and port; with cannons of 18 lbs. I will try to find if there's a ship as the Acheron.

And thanks Pieter for the help :)

Maybe "FR_BattleFrigate" with 56 cannons? Perhaps a bit too big. "FR_Volage" is again too small with 24 cannons.
Those are the only ones I can find with the black-and-red paint scheme.

La boussole is the Flushdeck frigate, right? But that ship comes too early for its period...

I vaguely remeber that the ship wasn't built by the French, but the American did it. I will take a further look on those american ships of the revolutions period.

Greetings! I have found one and new interesting trick to increase your money. As always, there are no cheats here and i didn't sail away from Speighstown, it's all about right in the start of the campaign of TSH.

To start with, you must have a good quartermaster ASAP. If you don't have it first doesn't matter, but you must try to find a quartermaster in the tavern after the trick. I will also bring you some screenshots to explain better. So let's start with it!

First of all, you have to go to the mansion in the "new part" of Speighstown. Here it is:

Mansion objective.jpg

Once you have enter, the mansion is exactly the townhall of Jamaica. There are three rooms inside the mansion. Go upstairs and cross the door which leaves you to the study, which is, indeed, the townhall of San Juan. Before you enter, you can steal things in the chest of those two rooms, but be careful with the guys moving around. Then, you go to the other door inside the study that leaves you to the bedroom:

Bedroom.jpg

Once inside the bedroom, you should find a lovely woman. Here it is now you should follow the instructions. First, if you have a not good reputation, you can increase it by 1 point by talking to her and choosing this option in the dialog (the one in white):

Option to increase.jpg

After this, go to the chest of it's bedroom and steal her things. This will make that she will be hostile to you. Kill her (Watch out! Some women have a huge amount of HP, so if you find yourself with one of this type of woman, load a previous savegme and start again). Once you kill her, you will get some gold, his blade and some XP. But if you loot his corpse, she will have some jewels of your interest (there a variety of all kind of jewels that the woman could have, like emeralds, diamonds, luxurious pendants, gem necklaces, sapphires, pearls, etc.)

After looting the crpse, go out of the bedroom, and when you are in the study, go back the bedroom. You SHOULD find her again alive, so you can be ready for another loot. Repeat the steps mentioned above in the order described (Of course, the chest won't have anything, but this anyway will make the woman hostile), and you will get more jewels and blades. Repeat this trick a lot of times and later you will find yourself with a great amount of jewels and blades. Then, you go out of the mansion, put the quarter master as one of the officers following you (Or try to hire him in the tavern if you haven't already), and go to the store the sell Alan Milds the jewels and put the blades on the weaponslocker to have some blades prepared. With the sell of jewels, if you have done a lot of times the trick, you can get your prize: 100,000 gold!!!

With this, of course, you have two ways of making money right at the start in Speighstown: This one and the other explained with Gregor Samsa and item traders (Which with the release of Beta 3.2 WIP, it's no longer efective - Now there are less people walking around (Except Gregor Samsa, so you should keep him alve and only steal his things). Of course, the diferences are that with Gregor Samsa you can get a lot of money and incredible and 10 quality items, but you lose reputation... and the life, that's the risk xD And with the new trick, you get money but it is slower, although your reputation will increase.

But important: With this new trick you don't lose any reputation, so if you want a less risky way to get money, here you have ;)

@Hylie Pistof you said that the prices of your goods get crazy and you lose a lot of money. With this trick, at any moment you want (except the french Speighstown, which don't know if it works properly), you can recover from your loses and come back again to play in the Caribbean! ;)

Anyway guys, i hope you find useful this trick and let me know what do you think of it ;)

Hmmm.... Sounds like perhaps the lade should not have any weapons. Then you WOULD lose reputation. Like you bloody well should! :whipa

Meh. I don't much like the idea of invading a home and then killing the people that live there who are trying to protect their home from you.

Back