• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide How to get a very good start

Shouldn't there be guards protecting her?

If you say the wrong thing, they would rush through the door.

Actually, I think you shouldn't be able to draw your blade. Just like in the stores and such.

Shouldn't there be guards protecting her?

If you choose the first option of the dialogue with the woman, her "strong lovers" and guards will attack you. Since they have around 200 HP and have good blades.... you will die instantly :p

The first time you go in, if you flatter the lady then you get a free +1 reputation boost. The second time her husband and his friends will appear and attack you.

I try to be a nice guy when anyone is looking. So normally I go to the mansion to make the lady happy, then go to the study or main hall, talk to someone and get a job as a bodyguard, and the following morning decline the reward to get another reputation boost. Sometimes the lady is not in, in which case I loot the chest - as I said, I'm a nice guy when anyone is looking. :D

Guys.... i have to tell this...

Today i had my luckiest day with this game, ever. Let me explain.

In the buccaneer storyline, i decided to try a treasure quest, paying to the guy around 40,000 gold. Then i went to Cayman and i did the treasure quest. And bingo! There was a "huge treasure" waiting for me, with jewels with a price of around 7,5 million gold, and three types of pistols of great power (Dual barrel pistol, scrapper pistol and quad-barrel pistol), of 30 units of each type. I discovered that treasure some days ago. 1-0. Because i hadn't advanced commerce in that moment, i decided to keep the jewels on me and wait.

Later on the game, another offer of treasure quest was waiting for me. Again, with a cost of around 40,000 gold. Went to the place of the treasure on Cuba (Interestingly i was on Havana and the treasure was on Bahia de San Antonio), killed the only pirate of the beach, and went to to the point of the treasure. And... yes! Again! I found treasure! This time was an smaller treasure; The jewels wouldn't give me more than 1 million gold. I didn't have yet advanced commerce, so i decided to keep the jewels again.

And.... some hours ago, another treasure quest appear to me. The price: Almost 40,000 gold. Went to Cayman, on the cave, go to the point, and.... what???? Imposible... ¡La madre que me parió...! I found another treasure!! This was a good treasure, not as good as the first one, but it was very nice. With that treasure i could easily get 5 million gold. I decided to wait and go to Oranjestad, hoping that there would be an offer from the tailor shop. Unfortunately, there wasn't any offer... and it's strange, because in the ship's log it said that the store could have a work for me because the city of Oranjestad was prospering. I went there two weeks after the release of the notice, and there wasn't anything from the tailor or the store. Maybe those offers finish in around a week?

Anyway.... because i was tired of waiting for unlock the advanced commerce, i decided that it was enough. Time to sell all jewels. The value of those three treasures give me more than 12 million gold!!!!! Damn... i never have felt so rich with this game until now :dance:dance:monkeydance:treasure::drunk:aar

So guys... with this what i have tell is that when you find a guy who sells you the information with more than 40,000 and less than 50,000 gold, you should have more possibilities to find a treasure than with other prices.

Maybe madam fortune smile me today? :) Who knows.... i had got 8 level luck skill... maybe that would have help xD

Good hunting with the treasure quests ;)

Three in a row??:8q I thought I was doing very well at 2-1. In my last game I was 1-4. I have $1.4 Million and I have not cashed in the 2nd smaller treasure yet.

How is the advanced commerce unlocked? I don't have any skill points but it would be nice to know how to do it.

No. The intent is that you are supposed to figure this out with no clues at all.
I thought this was discussed before. The knowing how to complete the challenge, not figuring out what it is. I hope this is just for the advanced commerce perk.

It is solely difficulty-related at the moment. If anyone knows a more logical way of handling it, let me know.

How 'bout these:
  • Adjust the experience gaining system for players to level up more slowly and get perk points more slowly but show all the ways on how to unlock locked perks.
  • Enable perk tips in the Arcade Mode no matter what difficulty you choose.
*This may stress the players especially new ones who usually play games in difficult/hard mode, and may end up loosing interest to the game.
*They should be having difficulty in finishing the quest not having difficulty on figuring out what it is.
*I know this was discussed somewhere and sometime here in the forums.

I like that. It bothers me to change difficulty just to find out how to unlock perks.

I am at level 38 or so and have 15 + perk points saved up. Don't need them.

We can do that for the next release and always have the hints visible. :yes

I was told that the tailor fetch quests for unlocking advanced commerce are bugged.... (in my thread "unlocking abillities)

As for treasure hunting, it is the fastest way to get rich. That's how I get my money.

I talk to everybody until I get a treasure quest, go there, dig it up (hopefully not empty) and sell what I found. I might take cargo missions from the traders, when I get no treasure quest in a town. No reason to sail with an empty ship to the next town.

When I have like 15 Mio. gold, I give 10 Mio. to a loan shark (make an entry in your log book or you might lose track of your gold). The intrest earned is great. I continue doing this for some time.

When I have enough gold in total (about 100 Mio.), I collect it from the loan sharks and sail to the island that cannot be found. I buy 4 dauntless class ships, sail to any shipyard, buy all improvements (for flushdeck I need to go to Nevis). You might want to buy these nice little 3 barrel cannons (I think they are 128 lbs-ers) while you are still on that island that cannot be found. OK, they are like 2.5 Mio. for each Dauntless class ship, but that's nothing when you have over 100 Mio. to spent.

Now I buy letters of mark from all nations (unless I did this before) and do pirate hunting (only pirate hunting) for them. Take cargo runs from town to town, hunt pirates and dig up more treasures, give more gold to loan sharks...

When my level and skills are high enough and I am rich enough I start on the storyline.

Of course, I pick up a lot of good officers on the way.

It is not difficult to have like a total of 500 Mio. plus of gold total stored at loansharks at every port. Money is just no more issue at all. You just have to invest some time digging it up.

Captain Dixi

Damn! How do you manage 4 huge ships with that type? I hardly manage three 3rd class ships. With them maintenance and crew demands and lousy capt'ns. :facepalm

You have over $500,000,000??? I heard some time ago that there was a limit on how much money one could accumulate. I sounds like there is no limit at all.

It also sounds like those loan sharks need to be looked at. :nerbz

Back