• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to over come with - Tages and Star force

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
:ahoy mates,

I want to play Age of Pirates:Caribbean Tales and Age Of Pirates 2: City Of Abandoned Ships.
But as you all know Age of Pirates Caribbean Tales loaded with Star force protection and Age Of Pirates 2: City Of Abandoned Ships loaded with Tages protection.:nogood:nogood Both are almost same type damm thing and as I know mess up with OS and other things very well. I read some people say, they are unable to delete them and need to format HDD. :read

I also saw that star force removal tool from online Security are also own by Star force itself. So is that trustworthy? Is there any other way to remove or bypass star force?

And what about Tages protection? That can cause a lot of problem too. Specially with win 7 & later…
Is there any way to remove it?? So I can play AOP2:COAS and it's Mods. :keith

Well , I want to install them in my upcoming laptop which will be with win 8.1 or win 10. I don’t want to mess up with my new system (will be headache:modding), but I really want to play those games as well. Anyone have any idea with the removal of these two damm protection things. Any help will be appreciated. :drunk

Thanks.

Of course they are. GOG only sells games without copy protections. That is the reason for their existence. Also the Sea Dog games GOG versions are very cheap . So no more reason to buy or download protected versions.

Last edited:
Mine is not GOG version. I have them for years.
Don't try them before coz my old desktop pc maybe can't handle them, specially graphical part. Also not sure gog have them or not.

1. GOG sells them both:
Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

2. They are not updated since 2006 (Age of Pirates:Caribbean Tales) and 2009 (Age Of Pirates 2: City Of Abandoned Ships)

3. I own both games in protected and unprotected versions and there is absolutely no difference. I can still run them on XP, Vista and Win7 also with a new graphic card (EVGA Geforce GTX 960) and a 32 inch monitor (ASUS PB328Q)

So you should have no problems with an older system. Graphic is poor in these two games. Only SD:THEO has better graphic but not much :)

Final thaughts:

The protection is not a problem anymore because of GOG but Windows 8 or especially 10 can cause a lot of incompatability problems with games.

Last edited:
Thanks @Teho, I searched there with the name as Age of Pirates 2: City Of Abandoned Ships. So I could not find them. Thanks anyway.
Today I am finally able to bypass Tages myself and will bypass star force anyway.
Otherwise, I will go to GOG for Age of Pirates 1.

Back