• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to place custom music in game

STARk7

Sailor
I want to place sailing ambient sound from AC IV and sea shanties music also from AC IV in POTC is it possible?

Of course.
Music needs to be converted to OGG and placed in RESOURCE\Sounds\Music
Then tell the game the new files exist by editing the music_standard.c file in PROGRAM\sounds\alias

Ok apparently I'm doing something wrong I placed Sea shanties from AC IV in RESOURCE/sounds/music and converted it to OGG and I placed sailing ambient sound from AC IV to RESOURCE/sounds/Ambient and converted it to WAV I edited music_standard.c file,I edited "Sea" section and i also edited sound_sheme.ini, I edited Sea...something section I'm not sure right now I'm not at home.Anyway now when my game loads it crashes to desktop 5-10 seconds after it loads,what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• music_standard.c
    11.8 KB · Views: 128
  • sound_scheme.ini
    9.2 KB · Views: 152
I'll check it when I get home,but have I edited something incorrectly?
If the game crashes, then probably yes. With a bit of luck, error.log will tell you which file and which line you should check.

Sorry I forgot to mention,first time I just placed files and edited music_standard.c and sound_sheme.ini and I forgot to convert them the game worked but sound files didn't the game started crashing after I converted them,I know that Sea shanties music is 10 minutes long I'm not sure how big it is but sailing ambient sound is pretty big I believe it is bigger than 3 gb,can that be a problem?,Also I'm not very concerned about the game crashing because I have a backup of the game but I would still like to see those files working in game

@STARk7: In that case, perhaps the code is actually correct but indeed the music files are larger than the game can handle.
Some stuff to try: Reduce the bitrate and/or cut up the 10-minute track into several shorter ones.
Unless you play a lot with DirectSail, there is a large chance you won't hear the second half anyway because you'd have already swapped scenes by then.

Back