• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How To Play On Windows 7?

I have the disk edition from a while back as I played the original xbox version of it and decided to buy it on PC. But when ever I try to install it, it gets to 27-28% I get a 'Component Transfer Error' then giving the the error: Data Error (CRC) and the file: data2.cab, anyone know if there is something I need to change or edit to get past this error?

Currently running Win 7 64-Bit

Try copying the entire contents of the CD to a directory on your hard drive and install the game from your hard drive, just be sure not to install the game to the default Program Files directory! Install it to C:\Games\ or something. There have been many data problems with the original CD, especially being as it is now 8 years old.

I got it working, I just continued installing it over and over, and then it got past it, after like 15 retries. You are probably correct, I didn't see any scratches though, Thanks anyway. Now time to download the POTC Build Mod.

If I end up reinstalling, I will do as you recommended.

Before you install the Build Mod, make a copy of your unmodified game folder and put it on an external HD or something.
If you ever need to reinstall the game, you can just take that folder instead of having to use your CDs again.

I've added Chromide's suggestion in the FAQ now; always good to have it on file somewhere! :doff
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352878

Back