• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Huge trouble installing vanilla game! Any help?

Jogador_Surpresa

Landlubber
Hi! I have been trying to (re)install this game (played it many years ago on older PC) but all I get is the ENGINE.exe has stopped working :(
When I first played it a long ago I had Win XP. Recently tried to reinstall running Win7, now Win10 but still can't get it to work.

I tried to:
-Install from my original CD. Did not work.
-Install it on a virtual machine with WinXP. Did not work.
-Install Pirated Version. Nope.
-Run on compatibility mode. Nope.
-Run after using microsoft toolkit program (not sure if I did it right tho). Did not work.
-Install on a different computer running Win7. Nope.
-Also tried to install the MODs 13 and 14 to see if maybe it would make the game run. No.
*Game is not installed in Program Files folder!

Please can someone help me?! Really want to play this again! Can't get pass the ENGINE.exe! :'(

Last edited:
Sorry I totally forgot to tell my pc specs. I don't have an Intel graffics card. It's a desktop. Processor is Intel tho.
I5 2500k 3.3GHz, AMD R9 290x 4Gb, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb Sata3 HD.

The game crashes as soon as the 1st black loading screen with that icon on the bottom right appears.

I will post a log file as soon as get home.

Here are the compile.log and system.log files. They look very short! :|

Attachments

• compile.log
    157 bytes · Views: 78
  • system.log
    274 bytes · Views: 81
Otherwise, move all files from the RESOURCE\VIDEOS somewhere outside your game folder and see if that makes a difference.
WOW!!! This worked!!! :D
What happens now is that the item's menus are very slow and buggy. So I didn't manage do much after the very 1st inventory open...
BUT I'm soo happy the game runs now! :D Yey!

Back