• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help I can't capture Bridgetown

Maceboor

Landlubber
Hi!

My problem is written in the headline.

When I set the jolly roger the fort is shotting on me.

But it kill me very fast.

And my cannons don't make any damage. I can't destroy any canon of them. I have a 38 cannon ship from the mainquest.

How could I to capture the fort? I use buidlmod 14 3.3

Thank you :)

Last edited:
To capture that fort you need more than one ship and your ships need at least 18 pound cannons.

Get big strong ships with lots of big cannons.

Also, which storyline are you playing? On the Standard one you cannot capture it in the early game.
But unless I am mistake, you SHOULD still be able to destroy the fort and loot the town.

The first time I tried to capture Bridgetown under Build 14 at that point in the story, I tried using my frigate, as I had always done in earlier versions. It didn't go very well. So I went away, found something big and French (I can't remember exactly what it was, something 3rd rate, possibly a battleship, possibly a Fleuron), then returned and was successful.

Apart from that, as Pieter says, you can't capture forts until the main story is over, but you can raid and loot them, as Martinique found out the hard way in my game. :pirate41: After the main story is finished, you can capture forts to your heart's content, and you should have a very nice ship with which to do it...

Back