• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I can't start the game

Jacky

Landlubber
Hello guys!
I have a problem at starting the game, when I see the skull I got a crash. I just read all the posts about crashes, but I can't find a solution.
I have windows XP SP3, Intel Core Duo, 2,13Ghz , 2 GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.
I tried the InstalledCodecs but I still getting the crash. I don`t have any mod installed.
I wait for an answer. Thanks.

Jack

What AV or anti Malware/Firewall program(s) are you running? I have noticed that some of them interfere. Try disabling your AV. Also with your G-Force, sometimes you need to tune the card (select game options) to play in. When I was running XP I selected Medeival Total War II in the NVIDIA options and it ran the game perfectly.

MK

Thanks for the quick answer! Atm I'm using Norton AV and about the video card, I already tried that an I still getting the same error. I really don't know what else I can do :S

Jack

Ahoy JackHexx, welcome aboard mate! :dance

Norton is really bad when it comes to running a lot of things, it used to be a good antivirus program many years ago, but it has since become nothing but resource hungry, bloated, and mostly useless. Try this mate, disconnect from the internet, uninstall Norton, reboot and try to run the game then and let us know what happens. If your still getting the same error, can you please post a screen shot of it, or write down exactly what it says and post it here.

You can reinstall Norton after that if you wish. Even if uninstalling Norton doesn't help at all though, I would still recommend switching antivirus programs to something a lot more effective. AVG and Avast both have free antivirus programs that are much more effective than Norton, in my opinion, Avast is really far superior.

Thanks for the answer. I uninstalled Norton, but I have the same problem.
The message say this:

APPCRASH
start.exe_Akella ENGINE
Version: 1.0.0.1
4902fdf5
DX8RENDER.dll

I really want play this game, but it seems I'll never do it :S

I think something is wrong with the game, cause i can play AOE 3, LOTR BFME 2 and L2 without problems

Odd that you're having problems with XP, I was under the impression that the game would be more stable with XP.

I do not believe it makes any difference which Windows version you're running.

Ok, a couple of more questions for you mate, do you have a sound card, or are you using one built into the motherboard? When you tried InstalledCodec, did you disable ALL codecs, or just a few? It's also possible that you may have a problem with your Direct X installation, try re-installing DirectX 9 and see if that helps.

Back