• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved I dont want to lose my baby

Black "Sam" Bellamy

TheForgotten
QA Tester
Provisional
I have a tier 2, 68 cannon man of war ship with 24lb long guns and I am doing the tales of a sea hawk but I am coming close to the part where you lose your ship to a storm and I don't want to lose it. Is there someone that can hold the ship like a port master and if there isn't can someone make it possible.I don't want to lose my baby.

Don't worry. Your crew will look after your baby and you will see her again soon enough...

There is the option to berth a ship. However, I don't know what this will do to the storyline, or for that matter your ships, if you berth a ship before the storm. I do know that I did not use this option and only lost my ship temporarily.

You can indeed use the Ship Berthing option to store ships for future use.
This should work fine regardless of what any quests might throw at you.

You have to go to a shipyard, then take the register "ship", at the bottom you'll find "ship berthing", voilà.

I repeat: your crew will look after your ship until you are reunited with her.

I didn't use ship berthing until after I'd completed the main quest, and that was only because I then had a full fleet of four ships so could not capture any more ships to sell for profit. So when the storm happened in the main quest, I temporarily lost my main ship, a nice flushdeck frigate with lots of upgrades, then got her back again a little while later.

You don't even lose your ship permanently in the stock game, and that does not have berthing - this was only added in the Build Mods.

After the storm you go to "Puerto Rico" (I don't know if that's the right name) a Spanish island, your ship, crew and your officers will wait for you there.

yeah i found them but I ran into another problem, I'm at the part where you are at the lighthouse on barbados and you have to talk to danielle. Afterwards you have to attack the fort which i guess is bugged so you actually go into town and the soldiers attack you, but they don't attack me?

That is how it used to work, but it has been fixed. Now you sail into the harbor and attack the fort, land your troops, and then attack the town.

yeah i found them but I ran into another problem, I'm at the part where you are at the lighthouse on barbados and you have to talk to danielle. Afterwards you have to attack the fort which i guess is bugged so you actually go into town and the soldiers attack you, but they don't attack me?
It was bugged, but Pirate_KK and me fixed it last year. o_O

Which modpack version are you running according to the game's main menu?

Did you select the right install location? You need to select the folder where the engine.exe is located

What did you say to Danielle? As I recall, you can either agree to attack right away or you can make further preparations. If you choose the latter then you must talk to Danielle again and agree to attack right away. And you only get to do that if you get back to your ship, go to sea and land at the lighthouse again.

I'm also playing Beta 3, and the attack worked for me. (There have been a couple of updates released since, but they won't read my saved games and I didn't want to lose my progress so far. :D)) The difference between this and Build 13 (and, for that matter, the stock game) is that if you've talked to Danielle to agree to attack, your ship teleports to the fort. In earlier versions you had to sail from the lighthouse to the fort. (Which I preferred. I got teleported to one end of the fort, my second ship got teleported to the other end, and the wind was blowing the wrong way so I had a hard job getting back to the other end to take out the guns which were on the verge of sinking that second ship. Request to modders: please put it back so you sail to the fort. ;))

What this also means is that if you walked into town, or sailed manually to Bridgetown, then you have not said the right thing to Danielle to trigger the attack.

anything i do gives me the missing readme.txt warning
Be sure to install it outside "Program Files". All sorts of weirdness happen when you do. But still, you manage to get the game working 'till that part.
You might want to try the latest instead, it has many more fixes and stuffs. Click here to download.
Un-check everything except the Intel Fix if you have an intel card installed in your laptop.

And if you still experience the same problem, try to create another topic here: Build Mod Bug Tracker
And be sure to read this one first before posting there: Bug Tracker: Forum Rules

else, there must be a problem with your stock game or your MOD download(try re-downloading it and then use this installer).

In earlier versions you had to sail from the lighthouse to the fort. (Which I preferred. I got teleported to one end of the fort, my second ship got teleported to the other end, and the wind was blowing the wrong way so I had a hard job getting back to the other end to take out the guns which were on the verge of sinking that second ship. Request to modders: please put it back so you sail to the fort. ;))
It took Pirate_KK and myself quite a lot of effort to get this far.
For the longest of times, we had to completely skip over the fort assault scene. :facepalm

I do agree manually sailing would be nicer. Not sure if and how that could be done though.

Why was the assault on Greenford modified at all? The attack worked quite nicely as it was in the stock game. Did some other modification break it?

Can't you teleport the ship(s) to the lighthouse rather than straight to the fort?

Back