• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I'd like to help ! (GUI, 3D, Adv.)

Neimad

Landlubber
Who am I :

I am a Belgian student, and I'm a graphic designer (or at least trying to be :confused:), I am 20 years old and I play video games a lot. Of course one of my favourite is PotC, that I played a few years ago.
I wanted to play it again and I discovered that there was a more recent game also made by Akella (AoP 2 : CoaS). I installed and played your mod and it was awesome, I really enjoyed it! I must say good job guys because you really did a good work on this. I spent some time on this forum reading threads about bugs especially (because my game had some issues starting properly :no), and I discovered this awesome project that "Hearts of Oak : Conquest of the Seas" is. I really like it, and I am impatient for it to come out.
Then I wondered if I could'nt help you. I mean, it would be so exciting in a way, and in the other hand it would really give me an awesome experience. Working on a game, that's something ! I have some skills that might be usefull, but I'm mostly motivated and I really want to learn. So, please let take part in this project, it would be great !

What can I do :

I'm a graphic designer, I master vector drawning (Illustrator), and to a lesser extent, page layout (InDesign) and Photoshop more generally. I can also do Logos (that's the funniest part), flyers but I don't see any interest in the developpement of a videogame.
I also had an intensive 3D training week with Maya (modeling mostly), wich i really liked. So I know the basics and I am still learning with some tutorials. To be honest that would be the field that I would really love to improve.

Things I might be usefull to :

- GUI art even though I have no experience in this field, but I'd really enjoy trying it at least.
- 3D modeling even if I need to practive before to be able to propose something.
- Advertising : doing web banners for example, if ever you need it.

Importants points that you must know about me :

I'm looking to improve myself, as much as I can, and I learn pretty fast.
I love pirates games, and I'd be really happy to participate to this project. Like, really.
I am perfectionnist, I love details. And I prefer doing nothing istead of doing a half finished job.

I hope I did not miss anything, and thank you for reading me !

PS : As you have probably already seen, my english is not perfect and I'm still learning that language. So PLEASE don't be afraid or embarassed to correct me. I'm not susceptible and it really helps me ! Thanks in advance :D. This is also an opportunity for me to improve my english skills, wich are really important in this cruel world. Plus, I love this language.

Hi @Neimad, welcome! :ahoy

We'd love to have another artist on the team. Would you be able to show us some of your past work as an example of what you can do?

Sure ! I'll try to give a work for each software I can use, but I lost some originals files while doing a formatting. So for some the quality won't be excellent.

Here are some logos I did on Illustrator :

Gyazo - dff8a99df8ca4f8fd028a4ff56e9be5e.png
Gyazo - 5a0b0631ef2a923a6ec10ac41aba16f5.png

Monogram Researches :

Gyazo - 20b1455cac0406b67cebe08986457b09.png

Otherwise you can find my (old) work on my Behance, there are sketches, drawnings, Photoshop works and an InDesign project :

Behance (but I have to warn you, thoses works are more than 2 years old and most of them are school project (with constraints) that I am not nessecerily proud of, but I still had to post them:()

About Maya, as I said, I'm just starting to practice again, I downloaded it yesterday, and at the moment I'm just trying to discover as many options and menus as I can with some tutorials, so I don't have anything relevant to show you yet. (EDIT : You still can have a 3D objet I made 2 years ago on my behance, on the "Myself@2065" project, that's not much but that's all I got sadly !)

PS : Gyazo is way more simple and fast to use but let me know if you want me to upload more detailled files. And if you need any comments or details about the way I made some work, just ask me, I'll answer with pleasure. :)

Last edited:
Back