• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

ah..ok, i wasn't following. So why would it be a good idea to get into a rowing boat in batte 'instead' of just using the suicide button? Or rather why have the two options if they are to escape an unwinable battle situation? Surely just one option will do? :shrug

i would agree, but some people want to end up in the battle in a lifeboat anyway. which is not nearly as helpless as you would think, actually. i've taking things as large as a pinnace with a gunboat. i think that boarding has been disabled for the tartane though, and maybe the gunboat too by now.

Improve 'ship spawn' in Direct Sail mode

I've been thinking about making the code weather/visibility dependant. In short so that during bad weather/poor visibiliy(could include night time) the numbers used to determine how far out the encounter ships are spawned get smaller(so closer to the player ship) as those factors are reduced in the game. Not sure exactly how to do this, but i think it could work.

The reason is i often find ships spawned that i never see due to bad visibility and them being +1000 yards away etc.

I love customizing stuff. Could there be more freedom in the choose a character department such as create a character, where various items of clothing, facial features and expressions can be changed. I know this may be hard to do but it would be absolutely awesome if possible!

Please tell me if this is possible.

Thanks.

in Build Mod 12 Full(and maybe in Build Mod 13?) you could choose a starting character from various different models. Now you can change your appearence by visiting a Tailors shop in a town. I think the kind of customization you are thinking off(say along the lines of Morrowind), with different clothes etc is not supported by the game code at all, so probably is impossible sadly. Still if you want to change your whole character look(or that of your officers), just go into a Tailorshop and buy a new look, that is about as good as it can get i think.

Hey guys! I ama brand new pirate here and, I have a quest and a request. The queen annes revenge like as everyone knows the Black Beards ship. And 2 Awesome quest! But i need help to make it! Reply please if you interested :dance

Hey guys! I ama brand new pirate here and, I have a quest and a request. The queen annes revenge like as everyone knows the Black Beards ship. And 2 Awesome quest! But i need help to make it! Reply please if you interested :dance

Welcome aboard mate!
hi.gif

The Queen Anne's Revenge is actually very close to being finished. Check out this link to see how she's looking.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17923-black-pearl-and-qar-progress/page__st__500

wow, gone for a couple months and I come back to find all of this awesome progress! If only school wasn't so tedious and demanding, I would be ten times farther along with mine than I am.

:gday

The source code is for COAS and there is only one coder working on it. He says it will be some time before he has it worked into useable shape.

How long before you might get the source code for this?
Also, something that ticks me off, there are quite a few decks in the game for various ships, yes? They don't represent their respective ships properly. For example, the deck of a Royal Man O' War looks nothing like the actual ship. After you guys are done fixing the myriad of glitches, I'd like to see some work on that.

Oh lame!
mybad.gif
All this time I thought we had the source code for PotC.
If we did, our coders would be extremely happy, that's for sure.
From what I hear, no-one from the stock game developers could even find the source code for PotC, several years after its release.
It's not surprising really, but it's a huge barrier for the game's potential. :?

At least we have beautiful models and textures to make up for it, eh? ;)

@Shade202, that's because we've made HUGE progress from the stock game without the source code.
We've done so many things originally thought to be impossible, thanks to the talented coders over the years.
Now we want to focus on refining the mod to a stage where we can release a full, stable version.
The innovation stage is pretty much over, so presentation and bug-fixing are the most important things from now on.

What heights do you expect to ascend to with COAS? Is it's potential any higher than POTC's considering you actually have the source code to it?

Oh, and what heights do you expect to ascend to with COAS? Is it's potential any higher than POTC's considering you actually have the source code to it?
I have no idea what the coders have in store for CoAS. What I do know is, it will take a while before a huge amount can be done with the source code.
I guess they can add new or improved gameplay mechanics, but as far as graphics are concerned, I don't think CoAS can do much better than PotC.

Oh lame!
mybad.gif
All this time I thought we had the source code for PotC.
If we did, our coders would be extremely happy, that's for sure.
From what I hear, no-one from the stock game developers could even find the source code for PotC, several years after its release.
It's not surprising really, but it's a huge barrier for the game's potential. :?

Well can't someone just hack it? You can hack anything these days.

We've tried and tried again to get the source code for PotC, but to no avail. Not because nobody was willing to help us but because nobody could; it went missing, apparently.

What heights can CoAS get up to? Theoretically pretty high, higher than PotC since we do have the source for CoAS.
The actual heights reached will depend on our luck with getting the right people to work on it.

Back