• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Im Newbie, Help!

Kurotenshi

Landlubber
Since i have cleared the peter blood 1st quest, i sailed to tortuga to make patent with france, beside that, im also collect more piaters from residence quest.
Is there any best way to get more piaters and get the french flag?
i want to do the beggar or national quest
Sorry for made thread like this coz im very very noob in this game...
I didnt know where to go and which quest should i picked up next

I´d recommend you to have a look at the forum´s walkthrough for CoAS. There you will find all important quests and if you are going to play them step by step, the piasters will come into your pocket automaticly. To join france is the best deal of all in my opinion because the quests from the governor general will lead you automaticly to the best Man `O´ War ship of the whole game (the Soleil Royal).

Guide - CoAS Walkthrough guide

Then you must pay a diplomat who can help you to fix your relationship with England. You can find them in taverns of every pirate village. The price depends on your momentary rank and you have to wait a couple of weeks till it takes effect. You will be informed by the game when it´s done.

I have farmed much piaters from boarding pirate ships and then sell it.
Now my rank is 6 and i have a corvette ship with rank 3, is that good one or i must sell it for caravel?
Because all of stats are minus if im using corvette

It´s never good to have minus stats and a corvette isn´t the best choice either at the beginning. I would recommend you to use a lugger and try to board a xebec as soon as possible because it´s the ideal ship at the beginning. If you would play the Blue Bird quest, you would get one automaticly for example. But anyway, it´s not that much important to start this game with a very good ship. Personally i always played some main- and sidequests before i took care of that. You should also try to find a better navigator in taverns as soon as possible, than the one from the Peter Blood quest, because that would raise your navigation skills faster for dealing with better ships.

Im always searching for an Officers, but their Loyalty is low. So, i decided to skip them for a while.
when i met an Officers with Highest stats and Loyalty in the dialogue option there are only 2 options,
1. I'have full crew..... and
2. (I forgot the word, but it is similiar with never mind)

To find the officers that you want, you could save your game before you enter a tavern and reload till you find one that you like because they are random generated inside. You should never hire officers who tell you that they are the best in this and that because they are not reliable. It´s better to hire the ones that say that they shall not be bad in this and that.

Back