• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Improve Installer

If you can think of an alternate fail safe method of checking that the correct game is installed in the destination folder, I'm all ears.
It has to be based on the presence of stock game files though that are in every different version of PotC but not AoP, CoAS or VCO though.

Would it be an idea to have the Main Archive check after the menu where you choose what to install. If you decide not to install the main files but only the update you wouldn't need the archive.

Would it be an idea to have the Main Archive check after the menu where you choose what to install. If you decide not to install the main files but only the update you wouldn't need the archive.
It is already set up for that.
In fact, if you don't have the Main Archive but did select it, it'll ask you where to find it twice and if that fails, it'll try to install the update part anyway.
Of course that won't work if you didn't already have the previous update installed; but if you did, it'll work. :yes

What is all that for? I am not particularly fussed over my current method of making installers.
Are there still any issues that need solving?

What is all that for? I am not particularly fussed over my current method of making installers.
Are there still any issues that need solving?
Not really. They are utilities which compare two folders and generate an NSIS installer script from that. Tought it might help you :).
It seems to be included in the new version of NSIS also. I believe we are using a pretty old version so maybe thats why some virus scanners pick it up because it has known vulnerabilities

Not really. They are utilities which compare two folders and generate an NSIS installer script from that. Tought it might help you :).
I always generate a new script, then use WinMerge to compare with the old script.
Maybe not the most straightforward method, but it works for now. :shrug

It seems to be included in the new version of NSIS also. I believe we are using a pretty old version so maybe thats why some virus scanners pick it up because it has known vulnerabilities
Tried to use the newer one at some point, I think. But HM NIS Edit wouldn't work with it or something.
As I was pressed for time then and didn't care, I decided to just stick to what does work. :wp

Back