• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Improve Merchant and Navy Flags and Pennants

The "bonus" pennants were already there. Someone presumably thought it would be fun to put Danish pennants in those files, and I didn't remove them.

Presumably you mean the Spanish pennant in "shppnt3.tga.tx" - without the number, I had to check the lot, which didn't take long with "ConvertorTX". At some time I must have shrunk the first two so that they look better when stretched out onto an actual pennant, but never got round to doing the third. Try starting a free-play game as a Spanish corsair in "Golden Age" and see what the original pennant looks like, both in terms of how the coat of arms appears and the overall shade of red. Then do the same for "Spanish Main". If the "Golden Age" as it stands now looks better to you, I can easily put its version onto the other two; or if the original "Golden Age" red looks better but the "Spanish Main" coat of arms is better proportioned, I'll tone down the red on the version with squashed coat of arms. Meantime, I've updated "shppnt3.tga.tx" to match the other two.

Looking through the rest, there were several on which I didn't fix the borders. They're fixed now.

The French pennants in "merpnt2.tga.tx" and "merpnt3.tga.tx" should be identical. The one in "merpnt1.tga.tx" is a completely different design. The ones in "merpnt4.tga.tx" and "merpnt5.tga.tx" aren't blue. ;)

I've put a new version of "flags.zip" on the FTP site with the Spanish pennants now matching and all borders sharpened up.

Presumably you mean the Spanish pennant in "shppnt3.tga.tx" - without the number, I had to check the lot, which didn't take long with "ConvertorTX". At some time I must have shrunk the first two so that they look better when stretched out onto an actual pennant, but never got round to doing the third.
Yes, that's the one I meant. I thought I did include the number; sorry about that.... :oops:

Try starting a free-play game as a Spanish corsair in "Golden Age" and see what the original pennant looks like, both in terms of how the coat of arms appears and the overall shade of red. Then do the same for "Spanish Main". If the "Golden Age" as it stands now looks better to you, I can easily put its version onto the other two; or if the original "Golden Age" red looks better but the "Spanish Main" coat of arms is better proportioned, I'll tone down the red on the version with squashed coat of arms. Meantime, I've updated "shppnt3.tga.tx" to match the other two.
If only I had the time to do everything I wanted to do.... I'll see if I can spare a few moments for that over the weekend.

The French pennants in "merpnt2.tga.tx" and "merpnt3.tga.tx" should be identical. The one in "merpnt1.tga.tx" is a completely different design. The ones in "merpnt4.tga.tx" and "merpnt5.tga.tx" aren't blue. ;)
I meant the ones in 2 and 3. The ones that look like a blue Scandinavian flag of sorts.
That's a different blue from the one used on the other flags (English/Dutch, for example). Is that on purpose?
Should that shade of blue match with the accompanying merchant ensigns? I think those are all somewhat different too.
But I don't know if that matters much; if at all....

I've put a new version of "flags.zip" on the FTP site with the Spanish pennants now matching and all borders sharpened up.
Awesome! Thank you. :doff

I meant the ones in 2 and 3. The ones that look like a blue Scandinavian flag of sorts.
That's a different blue from the one used on the other flags (English/Dutch, for example). Is that on purpose?
Should that shade of blue match with the accompanying merchant ensigns? I think those are all somewhat different too.
No idea. I didn't create those flags, and having no particular reason to change them, I left them alone. I wouldn't even be sure that the British and Dutch used the same shade of blue but, again, unless someone specifically wants them changed, I've no reason to do so.

Fair enough. It is better than it was in any case.

In the meantime, I basically got nothing done for PotC over the weekend and so didn't get to check those two versions of the Spanish pennants.

Back