• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Improved Fast Travel and New Icons

Just to be sure. You mean this one:
I mean that in the PROGRAM\Locations\init folder I changed all those locations that use the "den" model so they have a different .id.label attribute ("Room") instead.
And I swapped out their loading screens too, so they make no reference anymore to being an "Opium Den" because they aren't.

@Jack Rackham: Just to be certain, see attached for my copy of the file you asked about.
Also for reference the Location init files I changed last week.

Attachments

• characters_reload_check.c
    8.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Location_Init.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 306
I've done most of the 4 first asked for location types.
Indian store in oranjestad_port: I can't get fast reload to work here??? :confused:

Do you want icons + fast reload for
1 naval HQ Redmond, Greenford, Guadeloupe, Havana
+ Vice Admiral's residence Cartagena
2 Naval Academy Antigua, Guadeloupe, QC
3 Trade Office the WIC and EITC main offices, Curacao, Redmond?

Indian store in oranjestad_port: I can't get fast reload to work here??? :confused:
How did you do it? Oranjestad probably already has a store. Or perhaps the locations aren't properly connected?
If you can't figure it out, post what you've got and I'll have a look as well. :doff

Do you want icons + fast reload for
1 naval HQ Redmond, Greenford, Guadeloupe, Havana
+ Vice Admiral's residence Cartagena
2 Naval Academy Antigua, Guadeloupe, QC
Yes, please. You could use one icon for 1+2 I think, because the main use I envision for it is "joining the navy".
Whether you do that in a Naval HQ or Academy doesn't matter so much.
For the few towns that might have both, I suggest doing it only for the "Academy".

Again, yes please! :bow

By the way, I noticed the "reload icon" for the Cartagena Blacksmith didn't work.
After a bit of investigating, I noticed the same error for a whole bunch of other blacksmiths too.
See here for a console fix: Fixed - Cartagena: Blacksmith Locator and Female Citizen Greetings | PiratesAhoy!
That will allow your work on those icons to actually be SEEN there too! :cheeky

Oranjestad probably already has a store
Yes but not an INDIANSTORE a new type in the fast reload business.
That works for the second tavern in Cartagena.

Or perhaps the locations aren't properly connected?
No, there's a town_exit location between them. I guess that's the problem but have no idea
how to work it around. Define another town (Oranjestad_port) in initTowns.c ?

Yes but not an INDIANSTORE a new type in the fast reload business.
That works for the second tavern in Cartagena.
I should have known you had already added a custom fast travel type. :onya

No, there's a town_exit location between them. I guess that's the problem but have no idea
how to work it around. Define another town (Oranjestad_port) in initTowns.c ?
I think all the locations connecting the Fast Travel locations need to have the same "fastreload" attribute.
So you might get it to work by adding locations[n].fastreload = "Oranjestad"; to the town exit, port and indian store.

Try to execute this through console and see if it helps:
Code:
locations[FindLocation("Oranjestad_port")].fastreload = "Oranjestad";
locations[FindLocation("Oranjestad_exit")].fastreload = "Oranjestad";
locations[FindLocation("Oranjestad_Store_02")].fastreload = "Oranjestad";

I cannot guarantee that will work, but it's worth a try. :doff

Oh, just to be sure, Fast Travel for the Greenford Maltese Knight Abbey would also be quite welcome!
I think that would be quite a nice help to players who do like fantasy elements.

New icons + fast reload:

Maltese Abbey: Greenford
Indian Store: Oranjestad
Tavern 2: Cartagena
Library: Turks

Naval Academy: Antigua, PaP, Charlestown

Naval HQ: Antigua, Greenford, Redmond, Admiral Office Cartagena

EITC: Redmond

DWIC: Willemstad

bugfixes:
Turks church: church icon + fast reload
Antigua shipyard: shipyard icon
Charlestown loanshark: fast reload was always on

Attachments

• JRH more icons 16-06-08.7z
    478.4 KB · Views: 224
Wow, you really went all-out, didn't you? That's incredible! Installing now. :woot

Did I see correctly that you did the Naval Academy and Naval HQs separately?
I didn't think that was quite necessary, so I'll consider that a bonus. :cheeky
But does the Naval Academy now have the same icon as the "Port" does? :unsure

EDIT: Apparently, yes it does:
upload_2016-6-8_21-27-48.png

Note that the second "Port" icon only shows up if the player ship is in that port.
Can be tested like this:
Code:
     DoQuestReloadToLocation("Antigua_residence", "reload", "reload1" ,"_");
     PlaceFleetNearShore("Antigua_port");

I also wonder what we should do in the future if we add more Trading Offices.
At the moment there are only the EITC and WIC ones, but it is my hope to eventually have one added for each nation.
Well, I suppose we can worry about that if and when that happens. Might take a while! :wp

Looking through the other changes you made, I think you managed to find and fix a whole bunch of errors that were there before!
This is a pretty nice step forward indeed! :onya

Last edited:
Further random comments:

- Jamaica now sort-of has TOO MANY fast travel icons! And that doesn't even, for some reason, include the prison... :shock
upload_2016-6-8_21-33-40.png

Note the arrow to the right. While that does work, for some reason you only see the last one in the list for a second before it scrolls back.
I don't know which one to lose, so I suggest leaving it like this. Maybe move the Naval HQ to the end of the list, since it is the least crucial.
Or maybe move the church back too, since players wouldn't need to visit there except for the quests.

- Similar in Bridgetown:
upload_2016-6-8_21-37-14.png

How important is that Prison? Maybe move that one to the back of the list too?

- "JRH: conflict with fast reload"
Were those locations really permanently locked? INCLUDING the Charlestown Loanshark?
Good catch! While those Naval HQs being locked is not a big concern as they're quest locations only, an unavailable bank would be annoying indeed.

- Seems the Havana Navy Residence thingey doesn't have Fast Travel yet.
But now that the icons are there, I can easily add that myself as well.

- I'm really very surprised by how many Naval locations we actually have in the game!
Adding a character to each of them with a general "join the actual navy" dialog does sound quite feasible now. :woot

But does the Naval Academy now have the same icon as the "Port" does?
Yes I spent a lot of time trying to make two new good looking icons. One for the naval HQ and one for the naval academy.
What did look absolutely best were the anchor and the two crossed blades so I chose them.

"JRH: conflict with fast reload"
Yes, it took me hours to find out it was that line that disturbed a lot of the fast reload.
Were those locations really permanently locked? INCLUDING the Charlestown Loanshark?
No, but the fast reload was always "on" even if you hadn't visited the location.

Seems the Havana Navy Residence thingey doesn't have Fast Travel yet
Must have missed that one.

2 things:

I couldn't get fast reload to work for Charleston church.

The naval HQ in Redmond is locked from gamestart.
If you open it with:
Code:
Locations[FindLocation("Redmond_town_01")].reload.l16.disable = 0;
The fast travel will work but will also immediately be "on". Of the same reason as above.

Is there anything that can be fine about that double Anchor icon?
If not, how about having only fast travel for the Antigua residence and then sharing the crossed blades icon for them all?

So you fixed the "discover fast travel" for those locations then? That's awesome! :cheers

You mean Charlestown Church?

Good note on that "always on" effect.
I suppose that doesn't need to be a problem if we have those locations always accessible from game start?
They should get a "Join Navy" purpose anyway. Maybe someone (me..?) can quickly set something for that?

But not now....

Attachments

• characters_reload_check.c
    9.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Back