• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Improvement of the HMS Victory.

I agree with Experienced Captain; if there's a choice, I also reckon bow chasers are best for gameplay's sake.
Having a huge ship with lots of cannons is great, but being unable to shoot forward while pretty much all other ships can, is quite annoying.
Especially since a ship that size is not very manoeuvrable, I think that'd be a big disadvantage.
I know ships of the time didn't usually have bow or stern chasers, but the games' ships do. :facepalm

VERY NICE mate! :woot

I think it was up to the caption back then weather or not they placed bow or stern guns on there ships.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15030-realistic-cannon-fix-mod/

"HMS Victory had two 68 pounder Carronades mounted at the front of the foc'sle. They were on pivoting carriages that could aim about 80 degrees off center of the bow. The max effective range was about 1200 yards (400 meters) and the prefered ordinance was canister shot."

Looking at the range, these were not bowchasers per say, but effective closer range anti personnel weapons.

Lots of ships had bow and stern chasers historically. Often, these guns were different in size and type from the ships standard ordinance and so sometimes were not included in it's gun count or ship classification.

MK

You can always count on MK to show us the path to historical accuracy. :onya

Does anyone know what settings to use to convert a PSD to a TGA with a alpha channel to show up using the Converter TX tool? :shrug

Just make sure you select a setting that enables alpha channels for "output texture format for with alpha channel images" in the TX Converter.

Okay the HMS Dauntless is ready. Now follows the HMS Endeavour. She has 108 guns. :hmm Let's see where I can put on the deck. :b:

Victory_new_011.jpg

Nice work Pgargon, she looks much better than the one from POTC and i look forward to the improved Endeavour. :onya

Hmmmmm, just admiring her. A huge improvement on the current Endeavour, I didn't port the Dauntless because she was the same as the EWndeavour and the Victory, now they all look far better, thanks Pgargon. :onya

Absolutely undeniably incredibly wonderfully excellent, pgargon! :woot
And brilliant accuracy to top it all off! :bow

Pieter, should I use 32, 24, or 16 bit? I've tried many settings but for some reason it is not working.
Doesn't matter as long as you select an option that has "alpha" in the description. For example the A1R5G5B5 one.

OK, I'm out of words to describe your achievements, now; you're just too good! :bow
I'm porting these beauties as soon as possible!

Back