• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Increasing relation with "X" nation

lucho1392

Sailor Apprentice
Well guys heres the thing, idk if it is normal to increase the relation so slowly cuz gotta kill 100 ships to get 100 points and it is quite annoying.

So is there a way to increase it faster?
Can it be considered in next patch?

Noob here and thank u all!
:ship

Which modpack version? And how did you start the game?

If you started as Naval officer on an earlier Beta 3.5 WIP version, it would indeed take far too long to get to your first promotion.
However, that was already fixed a few weeks back.

You do have a LoM, right?

Also, how are you getting your points? Attacking only Pirates is notably slow.
Taking care of several large enemy navy ships is much more effective as you get points based on ship size.
It is especially quick to capture colonies and give them to your served nation.

100 points is a lot. You should get your first promotion with a lot less than that! It's supposed to take you a long time to get 100 points and the high rank which goes with them.

The list of points per rank can be found on the Wiki now.
If I recall, it is only 3 points for the first promotion.

The "100 points" was just an example haha
Another example: Ended Hornblower story so got a tier 5 ship, to get a better ship i need a promotion, to get a promotion I need points so:
1.Cant take down high tier ships cuz they rape my ass
2.If cant point 1 so is imposible to take a city

Thats why i get just 1-2 points for each ship sunk or capture.

Which modpack version? And how did you start the game?

If you started as Naval officer on an earlier Beta 3.5 WIP version, it would indeed take far too long to get to your first promotion.
However, that was already fixed a few weeks back.

You do have a LoM, right?
My version is the last one.
Was playing with Hornwblower but got bored lol

See here the points you need to get to the next ranks: http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizons-national-ranks/

You could try some Governor Ship Hunting quests. Those should be of a size you can just about handle.
Once you get a better ship on your next promotion, it might become easier to switch to larger targets too.

The latest version does need some further fine tuning where it comes to relations and stuff.
Though I wasn't intending to change the points you get per ship just yet.... :eek:ops2

I am still planning on adding another land based quest to increase your relation points. But I can't promise this will be in 3.5

That will presumably also only add a point or two? Otherwise it's going to break the whole promotion scheme if you get more for doing the land-based quest than for taking out an enemy ship.

@lucho1392: you end "Hornblower" at rank "Commander", so you'll need quite a lot to reach "Captain". In reality it took years to earn that promotion, so you're getting off lightly. :) Don't go after a big battlewagon while you're only in a little 6th rate frigate, but a Razee frigate might be more manageable, or if you're feeling really lucky, an Artemise / Endymion.

You're now free to hire officers, so try to find one with the "Landing Party" perk. That allows you to attack colonies which don't have forts. Then it's time to pay Nevis Pirate Settlement a visit on behalf of king and country...

Back