• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Increasing the sea detail

Imperial

The landlubber
Storm Modder
So, since this isn't directly regarding a texture, I'm pretty sure that StEngine generates a mesh, with a reduced number of polys. Unfortunately, it looks like crap. Isn't there a way to improve the detail of the sea? Like modifying a value directly in the .exe?

Are you referring to the sea in PotC or the AoP games?

For PotC, see this thread, where we've recently started experimenting with various properties of the sea to make it look more realistic.
There's a lot of settings to tweak in the files mentioned there, and while I'm not entirely sure what most of them do, you'd be welcome to see what you can do yourself.

For AoP, I can't help you, but I'm sure it can be adjusted somehow, especially since we have the source code for CoAS.

You found it! :bow I looked for 45 minutes and never found it.

Methinks the water physics in POTC and COAS are similar. In POTC the waves are rounder and the ships sail fairly smoothly.
In GOF2 the waves have a more realistic shape but the ships are much jerkier.

I remember we once found a value in PotC we thought would increase the detail of the waves. Unfortunately, it didn't. :(

Back