• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Indie of the Year 2014!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
The IndieDB Game of the Year voting has ended, and the top game for 2014 is Robocraft! Congratulations to Freejam and all involved in the development and voting for that great project! Those of you following our Twitter feed saw me post that earlier. I know some of you don't follow Twitter though, so I figured I would post the full press release here.

The fact that Hearts of Oak was even considered for this honor was quite an achievement, none of us had any idea that we would even be included because we haven't even released anything playable, yet! I think that just goes to show how awesome the work of our development team has been over the past year! All the videos, models, screenshots, music, story ideas and all the other assets our team members have been working on are simply outstanding!

According to their games page, there are over 19,000 individual game projects on IndieDB, 10,000 of which were eligible for the voting. Any way you look at it, that puts Hearts of Oak in at least the top 10% of games on IndieDB! Not bad for a group of volunteers scattered throughout the world working on a hobby project. I haven't been able to track down just how many votes we got, but there were over 111,700 cast, so we had to have gotten a pretty good number of them.

Presenting the 2014 Indie of the Year

December 29, 2014 - An extremely passionate playerbase has helped Robocraft eclipse Insurgency, Five Nights at Freddy's and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in the 2014 Indie of the Year race. It is undeniably fun and with great depth, which is why after 111,793 votes the players have spoken, and crowned it this years best independent game. Still, only a handful of votes separated the top 10 of 2014 which includes:

10. The Escapists
9. Risk of Rain
8. Planetary Annihilation
7. 7 Days To Die
6. This War of Mine
5. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
4. Renegade X
3. Five Nights at Freddy's 1 & 2
2. Insurgency
1. Robocraft

Congratulations to the victors and a huge thanks to the developers and supporters of the awards who recognize the work that goes into making an amazing indie game. Read the full results, editors choice and best upcoming winners.

Attachments

• ioty-250.png
    ioty-250.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 28
Back