• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

indy missing

morgan terror

Magnificent bastard
Storm Modder
Public Relations
i've gotten to the point in the hornblower quest that i've been released from the spanish prison. for some reason, however, the landing sloop at the beach is missing, and the indy isn't listed in my fast travel options. earlier on, when i had to board a sloop to save a ship's crew in a storm, the landing sloop was missing as well. in that instance, however, i was able to board a tartane in my posession and then move it, using fast travel, to the beach and land, thus providing the landing sloop needed to further the plot at the beach. i suspect my earlier workaround messed the current situation up. any way around this new bug?

note that although the landing sloop is missing, the indy itself IS in my posession. it's just not at the beach. or maybe not even the same island.

When you were released from the Spanish prison - did you go to the 2nd part of the beach ?

Pellew should be there & he should talk to you before you board the Indy :yes

From walkthrough:-

Matthews (auto) runs up to you and tells you about battle between the Indy and a Spanish ship that is going on at sea.
Fort Commander arrives and you discuss the battle.
Spanish ship hits the rocks.
You ask for a boat to rescue the crew.
Fort Commander gives permission and you give parole not to escape (and your crew).

Go to next beach.

Talk to Archie

AUTO MOVIE - Spanish ship wreck – escape – picked up by the “Indy”.

Auto to Indy - Promoted to Commissioned Lieutenant - tell Pellew you and crew must return to prison.
Crew Agree.

AUTO to prison.

Meet Fort Commander again.

auto next day
Talk to Archie

auto next day
talk to prison commander – given freedom.

Go to beach

Go to second beach
Pellew arrives – tells you of French Plans

Land Battle:

Sail to Kingston

On the beach face the sea - go right - along the beach - at the rocks at the end you should load onto the 2nd part of the beach ;)

:drunk

that should be more obvious, to be honest. also, it completely eluded me that the indefatigable was the indy until that point. may want to point that out in-game somehow if possible. it do think it's the best main quest of the bunch though.

To save your nose from further abuse try walking out into the water and going around the rocks. I remember that there are two beaches that one needs to walk further down to continue the story.

earlier on, when i had to board a sloop to save a ship's crew in a storm, the landing sloop was missing as well. in that instance, however, i was able to board a tartane in my posession and then move it, using fast travel, to the beach and land, thus providing the landing sloop needed to further the plot at the beach. i suspect my earlier workaround messed the current situation up. any way around this new bug?

When you go to rescue the spanish crew -- After the Spanish Commandant gives permission -- you have to go to the 2nd beach and talk to Archie Kennedy a landing sloop is also there - then you automatically get the movie cut scene of the rescue. -- see walkthrough above

I think using the tartane has broken your game.

Only thing I can suggest is go back to a save before you rescue the spanish crew and have that movie -- and play from there :shrug

Pellew & the landing sloop are definately on the 2nd beach. As you approach the rock at the far end of the beach (not the 1st rock you come to ).

I have checked this in Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 1 & it works ok --- It might be a bug in Patch 4. -- Perhaps Short Jack Gold would know :mm

The clue about the 2nd beach is in the dialog with the Spanish fort Commandant Don ( whatshis name)

Spanish Fort Commander Dialog

For rescue of Spanish crew

"Sir those men out there are dying. If we can take a boat we can save them.",
"But they are your enemies.",
"Sir, the sea does not take sides. Give me a boat I beg you.",
"You will give me your parole and that of your men that you will not escape.",
"I give you my word sir.",
"Go. There is a boat in the next bay. Follow the beach from where your men came from, you will find it. And God be with you.",

When Hornblower set free

"Thank you Sir. I am honoured by their Excellencies consideration.",
"Mmmm... I wonder if their Excellencies realise they are setting free a man who will doubtless be a thorn in their side for many years to come.",
"I shall endeavour not to disappoint them Sir.",
"Mmmm... Well it is goodbye Mr. ",
". Your ship has been given leave to moor in the bay. You know where that is. Take your crew and go.",
"Goodbye your Excellency.",

:doff

yeah, i'll just be using an older save then. once again, this should be more obivous, since that beach normally doesn't have that exit and normally has the landing sloop as well.

no luck so far. nobody else getting this? and why isn't that landing sloop just on the same beach?

no luck so far. nobody else getting this?

Perhaps you are the only one playing this story :shock

Do you get anything in the error logs - which might show why it is happening

:mm

When I played through this section there were several of us, and some had trouble. I did not, but was apprehensive. Could it be the trigger is very small, or just not triggering?

The trigger ( locator ) is the Reload Reload 4 locator - sometimes it does not automatically trigger - but then you should get - an open door - bottom left of screen if you press Enter.

See attached images ( from B 14 beta 1 Patch 1 )

:cheers

no logs for as far as i see. i suppose i could try standing in that exact spot again, but it would be very convenient to increase the locator's size, no doubt. i'll also check if it was mentioned anywhere in dialogue that you could go there, but i don't recall it.

Just played this part of the story in Beta 1 patch 4 . - Everything worked ok - no problems :shrug

Are you sure you are going to the correct rock at the end of the beach. :?

Try making locators visible to check that you are going to Reload Reload 4

At the bottom of file InternalSettings in your program folder - find the line

Code:
#define VISIBLE_LOCATORS				0

Change it to:-

Code:
#define VISIBLE_LOCATORS				1

And you should see all the locators & labels in the game.

Best I can suggest at the moment

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the POTC Build Mod -- Storylines --- Horatio Hornblower Forum :keith

Just a suggestion.

:doff

hmm, i had the exact same roblem. i also used the tartane. we should be careful, because if two people did the exact same thing, probably many others will too. The easiest way i can suggest, is by the following way. When you tell the fort commander about the crew, he tells you theres a boat. But afterwards, he doesnt say anything. He could say something like "from this shore, turn left and keep going until you reach some rocks, the path has been blocked by the storm, but you should be able to get through."

If not, we could make a sailor come talk to you and say "Mr.Hornblower, the path was blocked! I trieed clearing it, but they're heavy rocks. I managed to make a small path though. Follow me!" Or something like that. If not, we could just teleport to the 2nd beach, and autoplay the movie from there.

As for not finding the way into the 2nd beach, i managed to find it by hugging the wall.

yes. i'd rather give the player some more room for error, or eliminate it's possibility entirely. right now there's virtually no workarounds if you screw something up in this game, and that's very easily achieved.

youre right of course. It took me 5 releoads to get past the antigua land battle. Overall though, the storyline itself is well thought out just needs to be smoothed out

Back