• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Information aboute The New Pirate Age - Update! [WIP]

@Grey Roger

SOS
I have a problem with the walk away command.
I Add this to the Quest file: LAi_ActorGoToLocation(characterFromID("Hornigold"), "reload", "reload4_back", "none", "", "", "Quest", 120.0); -Quest replace i with the Quest- !
But he don’t walk away after dialog end he only disappeared.

I only have problem with the Questbook: the Quest Titel is in the Game but the ather Text with to the Quest is not in game.

Now all files uploaded in the Dropbox.

Cu

Last edited:
Play that scene again, then upload "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists.

Ok that comes later:
I have get no Error file,
But the ather I uploaded later today.

I only can upload the files at 20:00 Europa Time.

Last edited:
@Grey Roger

Now the files uploaded in the folder Error files!
Please can you check check it.

For better understanding you also can read the Quest-Lineup Doc. In the Info Folder.

And I edit the hair texture from Model Beatrice so she is now in me Project the QuestCharacter James Kidd. but where is the head Model

Cu pk

Last edited:
@Grey Roger

Now the files uploaded in the folder Error files!
Please can you check check it.
In "compile.log":
Code:
Actor error: character <Hornigold> now is not actor, his have type <stay>
Quest name Hornigold_Quest2 FOUND in QuestComplete
In quest case "Hornigold_Quest2", the 'LAi_ActorGoToLocation' line fails because Hornigold has been set to "Stay" type in his character definition. Add this line immediately before the 'LAi_ActorGoToLocation' line:
Code:
LAi_SetActorType(characterfromID("Hornigold"));

You can also remove this line:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Hornigold"), "Turks_Port", "goto", "P_Character1");
I suspect the only reason that doesn't make Hornigold disappear before the 'LAi_ActorGoToLocation' line has a chance to move him is that locator "P_Character1" probably doesn't exist. Anyway, you don't need a 'ChangeCharacterAddressGroup' line there because when Hornigold goes to the door, it should trigger case "Pirate_Legacy_Quest", and that moves Hornigold to his seat in Turks tavern.

And I edit the hair texture from Model Beatrice so she is now in me Project the QuestCharacter James Kidd. but where is the head Model
It's not in the update archive yet, but it was recently created:
Screenshots thread
You'll find that this includes a different texture file for the head model which you may want to edit to match your new character texture. But "James" is a man's name, so why are you using the "Beatrice" model for him?

No idea. There is nothing in either "compile.log" or "system.log" about the questbook. In which folder have you put "Main Quest - New Pirate Brotherhood.txt"?

That might be the problem. Questbook text files should go into "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\NewPirateAge\QUESTBOOK".

About the questbook: I have no further ideas about why the text would not appear.
@Pieter Boelen: have you any idea why questbook text would fail to appear? To save you having to dig through the Dropbox files, I've uploaded the files here. There are errors in "compile.log" to do with undefined characters and items, but nothing that I would expect to affect questbook entries.

About making a character walk to you: first put the character into actor mode. If he's going to talk to you, you can then give him a dialog command, and he'll walk to you before starting the dialog. Otherwise the best I can think of is to make him walk to a locator.
Code:
LAi_SetActorType(CharacterFromID("Hornigold"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Hornigold")].Dialog.CurrentNode = "Hornigold_Joins"; // Replace "Hornigold_Joins" with whichever dialog case you want him to start with
LAi_ActorDialog(characterfromID("Hornigold"), PChar, "", 10.0, 10.0); // Hornigold will walk to you and start the dialog.  He has 10 seconds to get to you, then he starts the dialog from wherever he is.
Or to walk to a locator:
Code:
LAi_ActorGoToLocator(characterFromID("Hornigold"), "goto", "goto1", "", 10.0); // Makes "Hornigold" walk to locator "goto\goto1".  He has 10 seconds to get there, then he teleports there
For both of these, if the time is too short (the character teleports to the locator instead of walking the whole way, or he talks to you from a long distance) you can increase the time. I've had a dialog with a time limit of 120.0 on at least one occasion - you enter an area of San Juan and the character might have a long way to go before he gets to you.

Attachments

• Main Quest - New Pirate Brotherhood.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 108
  • quests_reaction.c
    11.2 KB · Views: 111
  • compile.log
    29.1 KB · Views: 99
  • system.log
    5.3 KB · Views: 102
Unrelated, but this is of course wrong:
Code:
"frigiate2"
I think it would help a LOT if @pirateking would start paying VERY close attention and avoid such errors.
If you want to do coding, you're going to have to be very exact indeed.

@Pieter Boelen: have you any idea why questbook text would fail to appear? To save you having to dig through the Dropbox files, I've uploaded the files here. There are errors in "compile.log" to do with undefined characters and items, but nothing that I would expect to affect questbook entries.
Which entry is failing to appear? I see several in the code.

What I'd suggest is to reduce it all to the bare basics.
Simplest filename possible, placeholder simple text and then see if it can be made to work.
If it does, make it more complicated step-by-step, testing all the time after every change made.

Which entry is failing to appear? I see several in the code.
At a guess, in case "Meet_Hornigold":
Code:
SetQuestHeader("Main Quest - New Pirate Brotherhood"); //Q1
AddQuestRecord("Main Quest - New Pirate Brotherhood", 1);
And possibly from case "Pirate_Legacy_Quest":
Code:
AddQuestRecord("Main Quest - New Pirate Brotherhood", 2);
What I'd suggest is to reduce it all to the bare basics.
Simplest filename possible, placeholder simple text and then see if it can be made to work.
If it does, make it more complicated step-by-step, testing all the time after every change made.
That was my first thought as well - perhaps the system doesn't like long, multi-word questbook names. But "Hornblower" has some of those, e.g. "The Duchess and the Devil.txt", and those work, so that can't be the problem. The actual text in "Main Quest - New Pirate Brotherhood.txt" is basic, without any placeholder variables, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

One thing I do know is that the entire questbook is read into your profile when the quest starts, which means if you change the questbook, e.g. add extra lines, and then load a savegame with the quest already in progress, the changes won't show up. You have to start a new game, or at least load a savegame from before you began the quest, for any changes to appear in the questbook in the game.

Do we know for sure the correct quest case is executing at all?
Do we know for sure that it also doesn't work after starting a New Game?
If both are 'yes', then what I suggested above is all I can think of. Trial and error, really.

The correct quest cases are certainly executing - they show up in "compile.log".

Yes, that should be possible. You already know from earlier in this thread how to remove a character and how to put a character somewhere. So all you need to do is note where Gibbs normally appears, then put him back there when you want.

First. I have fixed the Quest info Problem. But don't ask me why.

I ather Question. I Know that Davy Jones has a fix Quest in POTC.
But give a ather Possibility that I can make new Quest for Davy Jones only for me Project "New Pirate Age"
- Maybe a Quest where Davy Jones comes back from the Deaths! -

Cu pK

Back