• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Ingame explanation officer system

The Wind mill ( as in @Jack Rackham post ) - Go to Boca de Yuman , Hispaniola - go inland to 1st jungle section and it is there. :doff
Thanks, will look into it. A old windmill sounds like a place which could fit too :).
What are you planning to do with this windmill? I have my own plans for that area in my "Hornblower" extension, though not inside the windmill because at present it has no inside. But if you're going to make it a functional building then you'll presumably need a new locator outside and in front of the door, which could be useful.

What are you planning to do with this windmill? I have my own plans for that area in my "Hornblower" extension, though not inside the windmill because at present it has no inside. But if you're going to make it a functional building then you'll presumably need a new locator outside and in front of the door, which could be useful.

Yes, just going to use the inside and place a locator there.

I hope to finish this next week.
My question to People, what things would you really see explained, and what things do People have to find out for them selfs?
Would the tutorial always Trigger on a new game or should we tie it to something? (I prefer to have it always Trigger because I want to tell a Little Story in it which 'might' continue in a later stage but I could for example shorten it for experienced players)

Thanks, @Pieter Boelen! Yes, playing on higher level (normally "Adventurer"), I don't particularly want to see the tutorial, though I can see how it could help new players. But after they've seen it once, it could get annoying having to go through it every time they start a new game.

Likewise, that story would be nice if you have the choice to activate it by going and talking to the character sitting in the tavern. But again, I don't really want it forced on me every time I start a new game; if it's a choice between that or never seeing it, I'd prefer never.

I think Levis did suggest that even if you do get that quest, it expires and disappears if you choose not to start if within three weeks.
So ignoring it should not be all that difficult, right?

indeed, at the moment the captain talks to you the first time you hire a new officer and just gives you some basic info and invites you to join him if you want more info. But if you don't do it, it will expire (hence he says to meet him in 3 months).

Does this feature in its current state serve any purpose yet?
If not and it doesn't get finished in the next week or so, I propose disabling it in the Beta 4 public release.
Any objections?

As you might have gathered from my earlier posts, I was never fond of this anyway. :D So no, I don't object - it just means I don't need to play at "Seadog" difficulty to avoid being interrupted by the captain.

Thanks, gents; I'll disable it then as it doesn't lead anywhere now anyway.

Very well: Quest disabled, so as far as I'm concerned this is "Abandoned" for now.
I'll keep it on this forum just in case @Levis decides to finish it some day.

Back