• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

initial game

trikke

Landlubber
Ciao, looters 'n' all !

I van't seem to finish the first scenario. At some point I keep sailig into a convoy of pirategalleons. Seems a bit unfair. *sob* HTD do I get a galleon of my own ? Can I buy one or do I get one by levelling ?

TIA
A desperate noobcaptain.

The only way to score ships in Tortuga is to take them by force!

Rather than sinking ships when you encounter them, you should try disabling them and boarding them. It's best to board them when they have minimum crew since you'll automatically overpower them (no casualties on your behalf), so rather than firing balls, try firing `scattered-shot`, that cuts their crew down fast.

If you're up against multiple ships, try to cut their crew down quickly and board the ship before the others are upon you. Some times it pays to use `chain-shot` to destroy their sails and slow them down so you can take your time with killing the crew.

Of course you always want to be sailing with the wind, as soon as you start sailing into it, you'll find your enemies bare down on you rather quickly.

Also, always try to be sailing away from your opponents until you're ready to fire, then turn in, fire, and turn away again. This reduces the chance of being hit yourself.

It's easier to gain ships at the beginning of the scenario since the odds aren't always `3-1` or `4-1` against you.

OK, there's more in this response than just an answer to your question, but I'm in a dribbling mood. :will

Back